The CHF OutBust, Did you lose or gain?

I was so fortunate the crisis swung in my direction and my Take Profits was triggered for most of my trades. However, I got stopped out on other trades on the CHF pairs. I have read that FXCM lost significantly due to the Crisis. The fact that my TPs were honored for most of my trades with Profiforex is a good sign. The prices are still on and available for trades. I always know I can rely on this broker during times like this.

Alot of complains on forums, did you lose or gain?

I was saved, not because I wasn’t in a trade but also that am taking a break from trading. I had previous experience of bad January trading so I stop my trading for this month.

It was my best trading day.
Im treading carefully next week until the ecb announcement on Thursday

I was very fortunate to be in the 2% that profited. I had a USD/CHF short in place from a week before the announcement. I’m Short USD biased this year. Went to sleep weds night -80 pips or so. No take profit in place… Woke up and took 1232 pips. Biggest win I have ever made in a single week. I have won some 500 pip trades before, but they took weeks to accumulate those gains. What happened Thursday was almost like the Swiss Banker dude went to the exchange and was just like… “oh, I want the swiss franc to be worth this much today…,” the banker types in a new price, market literally just crashes in less than a minute. Everyone is stunned and dazed. It still hasn’t sunk in to me yet that that even happened. People trade currency because sh-t like that doesn’t happen.

Neutral.

It would have been brave for anyone to bet against the central bank by shorting EURCHF. One of the blogs I read said USDCHF had formed a shooting star at 1.0296 and that looked like an interim top but at that moment, that did not make any sense since EURUSD was potentially due to weaken because of ECB QE. I also didn’t want to bet against the USD since it’s on a 7 month rally, so I did not short it.

Anyway, I am quite happy with my decision making in staying neutral. Market movements of 200pips or above in 5 minutes are just the market doing its corrective thing and are not really designed for a lot of retail traders to gain from.