Forex brokers cooperation with famous football clubs. What do you think?

What is your opinion about the trend of forex brokers going into partnerships/sponsorships with famous football clubs?

What’s yours?

Businesses sponsor sports teams…nothing new about that.

Personally, I think it is very profitable for Forex brokers to be involved with these kind of deals. Since it will extend their promotion, while reeling in more clients. Yesterday, I found out through this article: Prolongation of the Alpari-Zenit sponsorship - AtoZ ForexAtoZ Forex That Alpari has even extended their sponsorship, due to the success. I think it’s a nice trend, as I am a great football fan as well as interested in Forex.

Good, it is good marketing, but they could also support other social events.

I think it can also show financial health as sponsorships are not cheap. I am not saying it should be a deciding factor or a factor at all when you look at it, but strong companies do sponsor strong teams/events.

I would laugh my arse off watching a forex trading bubble: another ill side-defect of global QE.

Bet on the Patriots and the US Dollar! No! Bet on the Seahawks and the Pound!

That truly is comical, @ Arbitrager on Acid, I bursted out in laughter after reading your comment. But to get back to the topic, I have got to say that Fxstrategist is making a good point here. These rich football clubs and wealthy Forex firms ought to invest more in charitable cases. Wouldn’t that even increase their strong presence/partnership onto a higher level?

I don’t like it as it can promote biasness on the basis of the team one supports and therefore hinder the trading decisions. Some people are very loyal to the football clubs they support and would never hire a broker in partnership with a rival even if they best suit them.