FXHFT - Daily Market Analysis

Cable lower on the back of important 1.48300 resistance

I mentioned in yesterday report the importance of the 1:1 (Blue) and 38.2 Fib resistance at 1.48300.

Cable continued to sell off during the NY trading session closing near the lows of the day and has again been sold off aggressively on the back of some worse than expected data.

Taking any remaining profit off the table would be the best play in my opinion with Cable likely to see some profit taking kick in over the next few days.

• A 1:1 refers to a current correction being equal in length to a prior correction

GOLD H1

The 1:1 (Blue) at 1166.00 has offered a solid trade with the market now 180 ticks below this level.

Ttaking profit in gold around current levels looks to be the best play with the market trading in a choppy sideways range.

• A 1:1 refers to a current correction being equal in length to a prior correction

AUDUSD H4

The USD was hammed overnight following the FOMC with a number of traders caught long.

The short covering rally in AUDUSD didn’t last long however with the market selling aggressively into the 1:1 (Light blue) and 38.2 fib at 0.78450 in late NY trade. The selling has continued throughout Asian and the early European trade.

AUDUSD M5

I will be looking to sell into the 1:1 (White) and 38.2 Fib that coincide at 0.77270.

However the market is trading well outside the daily average range so it will be best to keep stops tight above 0.77470, my initial target will be today’s low at 0.76540.

EUDGBP Daily

The bears will be closely eying the 1:1 (Purple) at 0.73900/4000 in EURGBP. This level is now the make or beak level for the bears, if solid selling interest is seen on the 1:1 (Purple) I expect the current down trend to continue. However any solid break and close above the 1:1 (Purple) could see this short covering rally pick up momentum.

EURGBP H1

Moving down to the H1 chart you can see that the smart money has been buying into a number of 1:1 dips over the last few weeks, so at this stage the market remains in a strong position.

It will be best to sit on the sidelines for now until the market provides us with the next clue, this will come in the form of strong selling into the 1:1 (Purple) in which case selling intraday rallies will be the best play or a aggressive buying on a break of the 1:1 (Purple) in which case looking for buying opportunities will be the best play.

EURGBP Daily

I mentioned the importance of the 1:1 (Purple) a few days back in my daily report and the bears have been seen selling into this resistance level over the last 24 hrs.

Now as long as the bears can keep the market below this resistance level we should see selling pick up in the week ahead. Selling intraday rallies will be my preferred play going forward unless the bulls take out the 1:1 (Purple) resistance.

EURGBP H1

The support level to keep a close eye on is the 1:1 (Blue) and 38.2 fib level that coincide at 0.7245/40.

EURGBP Weekly

I mention in my analysis last week the importance of the 1:1 (Purple) and 38.2 fib at 0.73850, this resistance level has attracted solid selling interest over the last several days. As long as the market can stay below this level the selling pressure is likely to continue on the downside.

EURGBP H1

Intraday players will be closely eying the 1:1 (Blue) and 38.2 fib that coincide at 0.72430 if this support level fails to attract buying interest from the bulls and a solid close is seen below this level the momentum is likely to pick up on the downside. However if buying interested is seen on the 1:1 (Blue) and 38.2 fib stops above the 1:1 (Purple) could be targeted in the coming days.

EURGBP Weekly

The weekly 1:1 (Purple) continues to find solid selling interest, the 1:1 high was tested for a second time earlier in the week only to be met again with aggressive selling from the bears.

EURGBP M15

Since the second test of the 1:1 (Purple) high was met with aggressive selling and the failure of the 1:1 (Yellow) support at 0.73300 the smart money has been seen selling into every 1:1 in the current run lower.

These 1:1 resistance levels have offered a number of excellent risk reward trades over the last several days.

OIL Weekly

Oil is testing a major 1:1 (White) and 23.6 Fib resistance level, this resistance level will be closely watched by Elliott Wave and Gann traders looking to reinstate shorts in this down trend.

As long as the market stays below this level look for selling to pick up on the downside as the market pushes for a test of the 41.85 low. However any break above this 1:1 (White) will likely see short covering pick up with the next resistance not seen until 67.08.

EURGBP Weekly

I have posted a number of articles over the last several weeks in regards to the opportunities that have been available to sell EURGBP.

My opinion remains the same for now with the bears continuing to sell into intraday rallies since the 1:1 (Purple) attracted strong selling interest at 0.73900. As long as the market can stay below the 1:1 (Purple), the momentum will likely pick up on the down side as bears push for stops below the 0.70000 level.

OIL Weekly

Oil has continued to sell off overnight with the 1:1 (White) and 23.6 Fib attracting plenty attention from the bears. I am expecting momentum to continue to pick up on the downside in the coming days.

OIL M15

Intraday players will be closely eying the 1:1 (Yellow) at 56.35 and the 1:1 (Blue) and 38.2 Fib at 56.55. Looking to sell within these levels with a close stop looks to be a solid risk/reward play for intraday traders.

AUDNZD

I am short AUDNZD at 1.02550 on the back of the 1:1 (Purple) and 50 Fib resistance level, the stochastic is also reading extremely overbought and has just swung to the downside. I am keeping stops tight above 1.02900 with an initial profit target of 1.00200.

GBPUSD Daily

Cable bears will be closely eying the 1:1 (Purple) and 61.8 Fib resistance that coincide at 1.51750, this resistance level has already seen some decent selling throughout Asian trade, with the market currently 50 pips below the high.

As long as the market can continue to hold below this level in the coming sessions I am expecting the selling interest to pick up on the downside with no real support seen until 1.50700.

GBPUSD Daily

The 1:1 (Purple) and 61.8 Fib that coincided at 1.51750 has fail to attract continued selling from the bears.

The 1:1 (Purple) correction was the largest correction in the recent bear trend and the failure of this level to attract solid selling interest is an indication that the current trend is now over and the bulls look to be back in control.

With little resistance until 1.55680 where the old high and a 38.2 Fib level coincide I am expecting the short covering rally to pick up steam in the short term.

GU30

Intraday players have been early buyers of Cable after the break above the 1:1 (Purple) with the 1:1 (Yellow) attracting aggressive buying from the bulls. The next support level to watch closely is the 1:1 (Purple) and 38.2 fib that coincide at 1.51700.

Oil Weekly

The 1:1 (White) and 23.6 Fib have failed to attract solid selling from the bears with the market eventually taking out this level during last weeks trading. With the market now sitting firmly above this level the short covering that has been seen in recent times could now continue to pick up momentum with little in the way until 68.50.

Oil H1

The 1:1 (White) and 23.6 Fib that initially capped the run higher in oil is now acting as a solid support level with the bulls adding to long positions on a number of occasions over the last several days since the break of this important resistance level.

A break of Friday’s high will likely see good buying enter the market, as this will confirm the current buying that has been seen on the Line in the sand (LIS) at 58.50, however any break below the LIS will likely see a number of stops triggered and an aggressive move to the downside.

The best play moving forward in my opinion is to start buying any solid break above 60.00 and look for selling opportunities on a solid break of the LIS at 58.50.

GBPUSD Daily

The recent run high in Cable has see a number of traders stopped out of short positions post the UK election. The level that will be closely watch now is the 1.5550 high and 38.2 Fib that coincide at this level.

There are likely a large number of stops sitting just above the 1.5550 high and if the bears fail to hold the market below this level, the current short covering is likely to pick up momentum in the short term with little in the way until the 50 Fib at 1.58780.

GBPUSD M30

Intraday players will be closely eying the 1:1 (Purple) and 38.2 Fib that coincide at 1.53900/85, if this support level can attract solid buying interest a break of the 1.5550 high will become a real possibility in the coming days.

GBPUSD Daily

Cable bulls are pushing for a number of vulnerable stops that are sitting just above the old high (Blue) and 38.2 Fib at 1.55700. A break above this level will likely see the momentum on the topside pick up with little in the way of resistance until 1.58780.

GBPUSD M30

The 38.2 Fib (Purple) at 1.53560 offered solid support during Friday’s trading session with buying continuing so far on Monday. An ascending triangle (White) is now starting to take shape which is an indication that higher prices are a greater possibility in the coming sessions.

I will be looking to establish an intraday long position on any solid 1:1 support if a solid close above 1.55700 in seen.

GBPUSD Daily

I mentioned in yesterday Forex report that there were likely a number of large vulnerable stops that were likely sitting just above the 1.55700 level, these stops started get triggered in late NY traded before the market went quiet throughout Asia. London traders have now gone on with the move taking out a number of stops above the 1.55700 level.

The first target still remains the 50 Fib level at 1.58780, with an overall target of 1.6027.

GBPUSD M30

Intraday players will be closely eying two major 1:1 support levels on the downside. The first 1:1 (Yellow) support level currently comes in at 1.56050, with the second 1:1 (Light blue), 50 Fib and old high coming in at 1.55250.

I will be looking to establish long positions once one of the above support levels indicates solid buying interest is likely.

GBPUSD Daily

Cable continues to push higher with the 50 Fib at 1.58780 now only 68 pips away, this level is likely to be tested in the coming days with little to no resistance between here and the 50 Fib.

If the 50 Fib fails to attracted solid selling interest from the bears the momentum will likely continue to pick up with the bulls seeing this as a major win. However the bulls will still need to be wary of the completion of the BC leg at 1.60250 which will complete this Elliott Wave sequence.

GBPUSD M30

Day traders continue to buy Cable on dips since the break of the 1.55700 level and this is unlikely to change in the short term. Intraday players will be closely eying the 1:1 (Purple) and 61.8 Fib that come in at 1.57000 as well as the 1:1 (Light blue), 23.6 and 38.2 Fib at 1.56400.

GBPUSD H1

I mentioned in my previous Forex report that day traders would likely be closely eying support at 1.57000 and 1.56400. The 1:1 (Purple) support at 1.57000 saw strong buying interest during Fridays trading session but the market failed to take out the 1.58130 high which saw the market close near the lows of the day.

During late US trade on Monday the market tested the 1:1 (light blue), 23.6 and 38.2 Fib at 1.56400 with some interest seen at the support level, Asian traders tested the support level for the second time with the 1:1 still attracting buying interest, the market is now 20 odd pips above the 1:1 support.

Build a long position around the 1:1 (Light blue) looks to be the best play in my opinion with a tight stop at 1.56050.

GBPUSD H4

Cable has been trading sideways throughout the Asian and early European session after finding support on the 50 Fib (White) (see below) after the sell off overnight. The sell off came with a number of stops being triggered on the break of the 1:1 (Light blue), 23.6 and 38.2 Fib level (see below) on worse than expected data for the UK as well as better than expected US data.

The level to keep a close eye on now is the 1:1 (White) at 1.53900 if the market happens to test this level in the near future and it fails to attract solid buying interest from the bulls a deeper correction is likely to take place.

GBPUSD M30

With the break of the 1:1 (Light blue) intraday players have seen this as an opportunity to sell with the 1:1 (Yellow) at 1.55600 attracting some decent selling in early European trade. If a break of the 50 Fib (White) which is also US low is seen I would expect selling pressure to pick up on the downside.