What is the consensus out there for the RBA Rate decision on Tuesday?

Lots of Analysts are swaying towards rate cut, i actually think they will hold. I would love to hear other ppls thoughts?

There is one view that matches yours:
Bank of America Merrill Lynch chief economist predicts RBA will keep interest rates on hold - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Stevens wants to press the USD to trade 75c against the Aussie. If it is close enough then I suspect a do nothing. If it is not then I would say rate cut but for now I believe a do nothing.

thanks for the feedback emeraldorc, be nice to see the AUD bounce back alittle, really the sudden drop in the AUD is nothing short of a Land Slide :confused:

It’s interesting, isn’t it? I’m also tending to think that the RBA will hold, and keep its powder dry for now, and use the press release to talk the AUD down instead.

Consensus was for no change. They surprised the markets with their rate cut this morning. I thought they would talk and not act, but after the SNB and BoC this was less of a surprise than it may have been otherwise.

Well it helped push current trends deeper. Very nice. Thank you Australian tax payers.

I stayed clear of it. While I did expect no change I think that at some point they would have moved. In general I try not to be in positions overnight especially in Asian currencies. I am glad I sat this one out. More and more central banks issue a surprise.

More and more desperate actions will come about as the currency war goes on.