Compare the act of trading with a leisure activity

If you ever had to describe and compare the act of trading, with which leisure activity would you compare it too? Chess, checkers?

Why are you comparing it at all? How does that help anyone out to better their trading activity?

I would compare trading to chess because a trader needs to be wary of the potential risks of his wrong steps and can’t be careless about his moves. It would lead to an ultimate loss.

Well, I think that for "new traders, it is great to have out of the box insights upon trading by relating it with an existing activity that they are very knowledgable of. And as a true admire of Chess, I think that this sport really resembles the to the cornerstones of Forex trading. Thinking strategically, my long-term/overall trading plan , defining tactical moves every day, while incorporating stop/loss points. Isn’t it an interesting way to portray it?

I would go the other way and not compare it to anything, treat it as something new. Assume you like chess and play it but are terrible at it. Seems as the risk is that you will draw comparison to something you are familiarly terrible at which in my opinion would be counterproductive. Interesting is irrelevant, sustainable profitability is what matters to a trader.

Trading is like golf.

"Deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented."Arnold Palmer

Interesting view “TheLastBear”, indeed one might draw conclusions of experiences from the mentioned activities, with counterproductive results. However, don’t they need to relate it with something they are good at? It is all about the aiming for the long run and profits, on a consistent manner.

I too won’t compare it to anything rather than a serious job at hand.
Trading is not something to be taken leisure of.It’s a task in which we strive hard to gain profit.So comparing it to any sort of leisure activity is total insanity for me,especially to a game like Chess,etc.
In games the outcome does not often decide your future but here in trading you have a lot at stake.
So be serious about it.

Vision I saw while tripping.

What I think trading is really like:

What it feels like:

Compare:

STOCK MARKET TRADING:

with

LSD PSYCHEDELIC FLOWER:

I have been out-psyched.

Not possible!

I like the way you express your view about trading. Very captive and well explained pictures, no one should underestimate trading. However it is quite common marketed that trading is child’s play and how easy money can be made, which is not!! I agree with you that trading ought not to be compared to leisure activities, hence it determines our live. Thanks for sharing the great view upon it guys!

Trading is more like a street fight. Just when you think you have the upper-hand, your opponent pulls out a gun and shoots you (I’m looking at you, SNB).

<-------------------Switching to drones after SNB bomb drop.

That’s exactly the dream most self proclaimed “gurus” want you to believe.

I only listen to the preacher Fred. He is the preacher in the chapel of my mind.

By understanding the trade even more,through the game.

I would compare it to golf! The number of hits you take through out a trade.