Let's paint a picture. The "market"

Hi everyone.
I think this would be fun. This would be a good thing for young traders all the way up to the experienced ones. I would like to paint the “market”. In other words, to come up with some descriptive words to help explain this entity.
Now, we know what it is. Specifically being a place where many people, businesses, banks, come to speculate on the direction of a security. The Forex market (as opposed to the equity market, futures market, bond market) in particular.
But, as we all talk about this business, we are referring to an entity. “The market”. Actually, in our minds, when we pull up our charts, we are looking at the “market”. And all we see is candles, numbers, or lines moving. We’re seeing what the bottom line of what everyone is deciding, where their money is going.
So…given all that…(what we already know). I would like to hear from all of you. Think. Give me a picture of this “market” as an entity. It would have to be some descriptive words helping all of us, from your experiences, as [B]how[/B] to view it, in our minds. It can be related to an animal, which has certain characteristics to relate to. Or just in some words on the characteristics of the “market”.
Ok. For example.
I kind of think of the market as a sleeping giant. One to be feared. Like Jack and the beanstalk. Sometimes it’s kind to you, and it’s your friend. But, if you get too close, and think things are alright, then you find out that it’s not really your friend after all.
Also sometimes I think that it is just so chaotic. Descriptively…like a black hole. Sometimes it just seems like there’s no real direction, other than to swallow up your money. Cause I like to think there’s some structure somewhere there.
And sometimes I view it as a puzzle. A very complicated puzzle. One that will just take many years to unravel, methodologically.
So, there’s some examples for you.
These characteristics of the market will come from your past experiences. And should help all youngsters out. And maybe even help others see something that haven’t been noticed.
We can come up with a healthy picture of the “market” for us to keep in mind.

Mike

You are the one in the middle :slight_smile:

It can sure feel like it in the beginning!

Appears as we traders suck at painting or the above one is the agreed on consensus :).

Yeah Bear…

I’m sorry I shot that out there.
Thought it was a neat thing at the time.

Thanks secret for the pic!