What annoys you most in Forex

What is it about forex that really grinds your gears?

I’ll get the ball rolling…

When you’ve been in a trade for 2 days, patiently waiting for it to reach your TP. You watch and wait, eventually it gets within 5 pips of TP then, Bam!, 50 pip drop in 2 minutes.

Just happened to me now, if I had a dog I would probably have kicked it. Grrr

149 Likes

waiting is torturing. do you trade short or long ?

19 Likes

Depends on the trend and where I think its going. Its tough sitting while it goes against you but that just makes it more satisfying when it comes back again.

17 Likes

Been there many times my friend. That’s why I started to love trailing my stops and/or taking profits early. Which brings me to my biggest challenge and that’s how sentiment changes on a dime, and it changes often. FX is definitely one of the toughest to trade for me because of that. But I’m sure there’s a ton of people out there who love FX for that.

46 Likes

The absolute worst for me is when I have to go somewhere instead of staying and trading. I usually get nervous and force a trade for fear of missing it when I m gone. I still did not manage to get rid of that bad habit, but I already learnt to trade light in such cases.

24 Likes

Even I trade mostly on daily time frame, still I keep looking at lower time frames several times a day :frowning: and eventually jump on any trade that mostly lead me to loss.

23 Likes

What bothers me the most is the people outside who never did right click and open an order, telling me or advising me what to do.

41 Likes

Are they the same people selling “get rich quick with our great forex system”?

8 Likes

No. Just people who never traded, ordinary people who thinks this is a much easier endeavour. It this was too dam easy why they don’t trade by themselves?

16 Likes

The single thing I hate the most in forex is when my perfectly thought out trades turn out to be losers :slight_smile:

49 Likes

technical analysis torn to shreds by economic news - not good

39 Likes

that’s why i don’t set stop losses. i sit and watch the trade and using technical analysis, i try to get the best bet where the direction will take a u-turn, once it’s abotu 10 pips or so close, i take the money i have won already. so i don’t have to deal with this kind of pain.

21 Likes

The simple fact that there is no right and no wrong.

17 Likes

Sit and watch the trade? you must have no hair left haha

25 Likes

haha, yes this is also very annoying for a technical trader especially if he is trading on a higher time frame and a good trader of a day or two is wipped of by a bad news report.

8 Likes

My biggest challenge is not taking trades that turn out to be winners. Lots of times I hold back because there’s a big event ahead or because I already have a similar position with another pair.

Right now I’m working on being more confident in my trade ideas and stepping up my trade management skills. Hopefully I’ll get less should-have-been trades over the next few months.

33 Likes

Thought of a couple more…

Gurus trying to flog their amazing system - if its as good as they say, why aren’t they drinking champagne on their yacht in the Caribbean instead of trying to hook noobies for $20 a month?

Noobies who’s first post is asking others to tell them how to make money because their too lazy to be a###d to learn it themselves

12 Likes

Waiting…

I used to trade like a hamster on speed…

Now I target one or two pairs, always the same ones,

with a clear bias, and wait, and wait, and wait for the

right entry after pullbacks in a trend…

Plenty of false starts, so you can get caught out…

Better to lose 70 pips out of a possible 200-300 pip

move, say, than jumping in too early on a false move

because of impatience.

But the waiting will be worth it…

25 Likes

It is true that patience is a virtue. That is why in Forex we must be patient, wait for the right momment, but dont freeze either.

17 Likes

Really loss annoys me most. We all have good expectations of earning from this market but when it didn’t work out for us, we seem not to be happy. All I am doing now is trying my best to limit losses while I increase my chances of gaining from this market.

18 Likes