Twitter

For long enough, my opinion was that if you took the celebrities off Twitter then you quite simply had Facebook. I still don’t see the fascination with it (I’m probably just showing my age) but I signed up anyway. I’m not using it to follow my friends etc. it’s bad enough keeping up with the mundane on FB; I’m not following celebrities as I don’t give a damn about celebrity culture & news but I do plan on following some FX related folk.

My question is whether you guys have any personal recommendations on who to follow.

After a quick search, I found this list:

I chose a sample amount of them & I’ll see how I get on with them but I’m open to any suggestions - anything to help improve my knowledge & ability. I appreciate any input as recommendations always go further than random searches etc.

Thanks guys!

My advice- follow yourself.
The less you rely on others, the more successful you will be.

If you’re relying on someone sending a tweet about an event which can impact the market in a major way, very quickly, you are already too late to trade it.

I’m not looking for folk to follow to get me in to the market (if I’m going to fail then I do so off my own analysis) & I’m not looking for signals or anything - I’m just using social media to broaden my horizons.

There’s bound to be some experts etc that tweet some good stuff; whether that be blogs or newsletters from DailyFX or even our very own Forex Gump (@BabyPips).

Anything that contains good, solid, useful information is surely worth a look in? Yes BabyPips is a superb site, yes there’s some great information & threads on here but in the grand scale of things, there’s a limited pool of users - I’m just looking to expand my reach. Say you watch a brilliant YouTube video on price action & you really enjoyed it, is that person not worth checking out on Twitter? It’s just another straw in your hat, another revenue of information.

If a new BP member asked: who’s worth taking note of on here? You’d probably reply with the likes of Clint, Templar, GP, PipMeHappy, emeraldorc etc. as you’ll know yourself that with a bit of trial & error, you figure out who is worth listening to here on BP & who’s opinion you value. I’m just looking for the same thing except I’m asking about folk that may not be part of the BP community. Is that not reasonable?

Most of what I get hit with on Twitter is adds. A few that have good stuff:

@SJosephBurns
@rjparkerjr09
@TradingTribe (not active lately)
@Covel
@jackschwager

-Adrian

Hiya,…

Try this?

10 Women In Finance To Follow On Twitter | Benzinga

@zerohedge

@forexlive

For Live News / Squawk - @livesquawk @FXDD
Aussie Ones - @seandcallow @Banko_of_Japan_e @RBAInfo @go_markets @JamesGlynnWSJ
Analysts - @MarkitEconomics @ecb @marketpulsecom @WSJMarkets

I find twitter really handy during the day while trading, just my two cents.

Cheers

JN (@Andrew__C)