Donchian Channel Trading

Welcome back! Will this account be linked to myfxbook so we can track performance?

here is the myfxbook link…

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/demofx/dc-28-1h/1457460

I am making one small but drastic change to my systems with the new year. I am not going to filter trades with a moving average, I am trading channels in the direction of positive rollover. So my filter is to filter out negative rollover. Last year, negative rollover took too big a bite for my taste. If a pair has negative rollover in both directions I will simply not trade it. If a pair has positive rollover in both directions I will trade the channels in both directions. Being that my systems can hold positions for weeks or months at a time, rollover is a much bigger concern for me than for shorter term traders.

I realize that I will miss some big moves with this filter, but I will also miss some very expensive rollover costs and thus keep more of what I do earn and take less risk.

-Adrian

nice idea…for longterm traders like you this will definitely make a difference…

rihan, how are you doing in the new year?

my new DC 24 (1h) is doing quite well, can’t complain :slight_smile:

hi guys,

does anybody have experience with Bollinger Bands?

i just started reading about them…maybe another interesting channel trading style…

Hi guys, is anyone here still keeping this thread alive, or using this method? I’ve recently been reading about the turtles and am putting together a trading plan (which markets, Time frames, entries, exits, stops, position size)to back test and also to run on a test account.

Anyone around to discuss? Did anyone get any success with this long term?

Hi, I use DNC’s mainly on the 1H chart set to 55 I have attached a trade I have been in for a while.
Also in AUD/USD and AUD/JPY from yesterday

M$M

hi

yes, donchian channels worked for me for quite some time…with nearly every timeframe i used (mainly short term)…

if you have questions just ask and we’ll see if we can answer them satisfactory for you :wink:

wow, your chart is quite loaded with indicators…what is your main indicator? DNC or one of the other?

HI, 55 DNC, 200 MVA, 200 MVA set to 4H chart and 2 ema’s just to confirm trend. The middle line in the DNC I use to see if a pair pull-back to this.
I run a strong week analysis every day sometimes twice a day and then using the strongest against the weakest I decide the pairs to trade.
Any questions just ask mate
M$M

hey adrian and rihan,

are you still trading DCs?

I triggered a AUD/USD short yesterday, stop will be trailed using the DNC . 1H chart attached

M$M

Good to see some old names still around. Bro, it’s going to take some time but go back through the entire thread and try to digest it. There has been some really hard work put in and some cool variates suggested and discussed. I think the one thing we did prove is that DC trading is one of the few time-proven methods out there. But it’s up to you to do the hard work to make it your own.

Best of luck with your journey bro and where are all here to help out and offer a view if we can.

If you get time, subscribe to this guy, he has been trading DNC’s for years. Thats how I got in to them. Richard used to work for dailyfx. He posts a vid every now and then to give his ideas and what he’s looking for

M$M

M$M

I am still trading the same as I was. So far the year has been pretty flat with all of my systems near break even. So I am just waiting for the next big move in fx.

-Adrian

Glad this thread still alive, one of my favs

hi adrian,

how are you doing?

i am curious what effects the brexit vote and the us-elections had on your DC performance?

still trading DCs?

i trade donchian channels …very profitable way to trade.