Anybody seen this documentary about (forex) trading excesses?

Sadly, this is the super-charged testosterone macho image of high-risk trading and excesses

that newbies get influenced by when opening a trading accounts!!

But it is interesting to watch, nonetheless…

Nah. I have not ,but you piqued my curiosity

Isnt that is why we trade is to gain atleast a fraction of their wealth? I didn’t see anything sad about this. Why do you think it is sad? Because you don’t have any of their wealth? Jealousy perhaps…

Hi Isabella, no, I agree with you, we all trade for financial reasons… it is a good documentary and there is nothing wrong with

being wealthy!

My comment was just that a lot of us retail traders have small accounts and should never aim to be in the same league as

the million-dollar traders we see in these documentaries - it is like saying to a newbie, average chess player that they should

straight away aim to be Kasparov, or give up… There are many definitions of success, of course… To me it is to create an

investment for my pension years, which is quite different from the stuff shown in this documentary, that’s all.

:slight_smile:

IMO, an aim should have enough motivation potential otherwise it can barely considered as “aim”. It should inspire and be hardly reachable to drive you higher and higher to success. Those financial elite we see on youtube, bloomberg, financial magazines and the aim of partaking this community I consider as the only sufficient in regards to trading.

But behind this aim, of course, there are more practical things as family support, pension and other we should achieve first.:smiley:
So let’s keep that in mind too.

For all that it is worth, you have me in agreement with you: well said.

I’ve seen this, but it wasn’t about retail forex traders specifically. These guys appear to be equity traders that work for big firms in London. I dunno why the person who uploaded it put forex in the title.

It’s definitely an interesting take on a lifestyle I KNOW I want.

No matter how much wealth I accumulate I will never buy a house or an expensive car. I am a renter to the core.

I love Andrew’s videos (that youtube channel posts them).

-Adrian