FX Trading in China

Hi All! =)

I haven’t posted in a while…glad to be back.
I have an ESL student, a Chinese Lady, who is interested in learning how to trade Forex. I am 99% sure that Chinese residents are allowed to trade FX in China–I just want to be able to tell her this is so with 100% certainty. I did a google search but the results were iffy. She also did a search and told me that her results said it was allowed but that there were some limitations/restrictions, but she had a hard time explaining them…
Does anyone know for sure if retail trading from within China is allowed? Also, can anyone recommend a good broker? (Note: We need a broker that uses New York close charts…I could also use some advice on other details such as what type of broker–ECN, no dealing desk, etc.–would be best for her situation…)
I found a great page listing brokers in China, complete with customizable search features for various details–but, does her broker have to be within China?
Any answers/help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks All and Good Trading!

As far as I know forex trading is allowed in China (judging by the Chinese forex traders I have come across), but in the end to get the certainty you need it is best to consult a lawyer/consultant/tax adviser in China who should know. Your trader should have no issues doing so.

Thanks for your reply LastBear. I will advise her to do so.

Have you tried asking one of the bigger international brokers?

Thanks Eddieb…I will tell my student to do just that.

I have meet a lot of traders from China! Exness is big