Share your experience with using Heiken-Ashi charts?

Has anyone tried Heiken-Ashi before? I’ve been doing some research and apparently it’s amazing for trend trading. I can only find one demo account that supports heiken-ashi and that’s Oanda but I’m a bit sceptical because they don’t have New York close charts…

Would be interested to hear the experiences others have had using these charts. Was it good / bad? Profits / losses? Please do share!:stuck_out_tongue:

Heiken Ashi is a indicator that can be downloaded and used on any mt4 platform no matter what broker you use.

I have used HA, they can be used to determine trend but not to be traded upon. It is very simular to Moving average and to say… moving average line makes your chart much cleaner to read, and price action much easier to spot… I feel that putting HA candled on a chart is worthless unless you have the actual pricebars in the background…and with that combination it all becomes a mess to read…

You can get NY close with them. contact oanda they will tell u what to set server time too.

I think that all depends on the individual. One trader will have good results while another will have bad ones. All depends on how you use/interpret the data.

Very interesting opinions, I think that we all interpret the data differently.