My new analysis video on GBP/NZD

Great video, keep up the good work

Thank you; I am glad that someone is watching them!

:slight_smile:

Ps: one more article on the topic…

Very good work and research on the GBPNZD, as always. very diligent.

Pipmehappy, this pair seems to be stuck lately, have you any thoughts on them and where do you think they are heading next?

Hello EddieB…

Like a lot of pairs, this pair has suffered from market indecision in the anticipation of the Fed’s rate decision tomorrow…

We are still at the bottom of the channel, as shown in my last video, so nothing has changed since last week… Even the Uk GDP data today, which met expectations, failed to boost the GBP/NZD or other Sterling pairs, as the market will use the FOMC news tomorrow to position itself accordingly… A lot of pairs today, and equities as well, are in a lull, either range-bound or not moving much at all…

Do you know what I mean?

Yes, I follow.
Ive only entered one trade this week so far, audusd.
Rate wise, its looking like the fed may push it back towards the turn of the year

Yes…Fed Fund Futures have the fitst hike down for Jan. 2016… September 2015 seems to be the consensus from economists, however…Tomorrow the markets will probably seek confirmation of the September date for the first hike…

that was some opening at start of syd session.

Yes… Wheeler said the usual stuff, NZD must depreciate, blah blah… NZD rallied,
then the rally fizzles out… big deal…

I think there is no real deal here, until the FOMC rate decision is over tomorrow…

Yeah its been like waiting for paint to dry Waiting for FOMC this time around for some reason. Its prob just me. lol

Yes, probably just you

:slight_smile:

I cannot wait…

Good morning traders!

Since the FOMC rate decision last night,

GBP/NZD has rocketed up four hundred pips,

from 2.32 to 2.36, which is now testing…

Incredible…

Where next?

Hi.
I missed the early move but got in at 2.35818.
Marginally in profit with stop in place.
Its all or nothing with this pair lately

I know…clearly, we are just having to be a little patient while it recharges for the next leg up, which, if what we had so far is anything to go by, will be well worth the wait…

The break at the ‘big round number’ of 2.40 will be significant, and necessary, for further progress to the upside…would you agree?

Pre- Credit Crunch this pair was trading at 3.0000 plus. Heady stuff, but dreams can come true :slight_smile:

Well, indeed, Eddie!

It has now moved up five hundred pips in fifteen hours… Just look at it!!!

Good morning, traders!

Eddie, have you taken profit on our beloved pair?

It has now gone past that 2.37 level and aiming straight for 2.38…

That channel, which started in April-May, has held and the pair has ‘bounced’ off its floor:

This screenshot is taken from my Chromebook, again using the FXCM trading station (Web version);

the shaded circles highlight where price ‘bounced’ off the channel floor, since it started…

Let us see what happens next…

Still in, stop loss moved to just above 2.37.
Will be interesting to see if it breaks 2.40 or collapses again like before

Nice one!

Here is today’s strategy trading video on NZD/USD by the CHief Strategist for DailyFX, John Kicklighter:

Also, the Economic Editor for PoundSterlingLive, Sam Coventry, in her article today

sees the Pound gaining strength against the Euro, and from that (and John’s article) I see further signs

of Pound appreciation against a number of currencies, as well as the Euro and Kiwi…