GBP/NZD moving slow today? Why?

Well,

with the Fed/FOMC rate decision

providing no fuel for big market moves

(with a no change and only one dissenter

(Esther George)), all Kiwi-trading eyes must

now look to the RBNZ in a couple of hours…

Also, the BoJ later tonight should give us

a few moves, but then again, possibly not…

How is this bullish for the Kiwi? The RBNZ intends to pursue MORE EASING and MORE DEPRECIATION for the Kiwi…

That is forward looking and forward guidance…

And yet, and yet…

These f====ing markets are just SO COMPLACENT!!!

ARGHHHH I feel like screaming!!!

Its on virtually zero trading with massive spreads, so only one winner, the broker

Good point , Eddie…

One would have to look at volume as well…

anyway, the GBP/NZD has dropped a massive

250 points

always such a drama with this pair… up up up up up up then BAM all gone in one breath

It makes me so mad

haha

I would say that traders may have lightened up their NZD/USD longs recently in case the RBNZ surprised the market with a rate cut like they did back in March. When none came today the money flowed back into the longs. There might be a rate cut coming in June but that’s a while away and it’s not certain so they’ll keep with the flow for now unless risk sentiment starts to turn sour. Also with thinner liquidity moves now are probably exaggerated as eddieb pointed out.

Spot on :slight_smile:

Hello peeps!

Well, it is a strong start for the week for both GBP and NZD but it is NZD that drives GBP/NZD the most, seeing the latter dropping yet again(!) to below 2.09…

Weak Chinese PMI to start this month and trading week did not seem to quell Kiwi bulls, although the Global Dairy Auction this Tuesday, as always, may be one to watch, especially in terms of market reaction.

Well …the RBA cuts rates, and…

… How will it go? Will it send the Kiwi higher still

or curb its flight?

hi pipmehappy,
i am new to forex, reading through this thread, you seem know how to trade forex and you still active trading from the start of this thread till now. if you don’t mind i would like to ask you a question. i had looking around the webs to ensure me if there are traders with constant profit? if there are really true, i want to learn really hard and become one of them. could you please enlighten me.
pardon my language, english now my first language

Hello Ray,

and welcome.

I would love to say that I can enlighten you… but it is not so simple, and indeed, I am still

learning…

I have made forty-eight trading (educational) videos that you can watch here

the last one of which I made this morning, as it happens!

Maybe you can watch some of them and come back with questions? My trading philosophy,

if you want to call it that, is quite easy to pick up from my videos…

Cheers

AND…the results are out:

Negative result…

Market reaction?

NZD/USD: bearish (twenty-five pips down on the 5m candle during the release);

GBP/NZD: bullish (about seventy-five pips up on the 5m candle during the release);

NZD/JPY: bearish (twenty-five pips down on the 5m candle during the release).

The following two candles in the three pairs above are continuing in the same direction

as during the data release, so it is obviously a move that carries some degree of weight,

but we will have to see what happens.

The US Dollar has steadied above 117.00 for the moment, after a severe decline that

had boosted a number of Majors, including the NZD/USD, so now the NZD/USD momentum

to the downside has room to continue unhindered.

I am in a position to short gbpnzd soon when the time is right

After some bad UK PMI this morning, the Pound fell hour after hour and about 200 pips until now… However, the Kiwi dropped below 0.70, so GBP/NZD hangs in the balance, just around 2.10.

The Kiwi has NZ (un)employment data this evening, so it may help resolving this stall…

Hello peeps!

[B]NZD (un)employment data coming out in ten minutes…[/B]

NZD/USD looks quite active…

I hope to see some nice moves…

Expectation is for greater unemployment and fewer jobs …

So…

Employment is up, but…

Unemployment is ALSO up,

both beating previous data AS WELL AS expectations…

The result?

A rally…

This Kiwi bullishness annoys me because

it is pointless and it is a matter of more waiting

around … If only tonight’s increase in unemployment

and this afternoon’s negative dairy prices

had been enough…but no, this bast#ard

is stubbornly being bought for yield…

But the fundamentals do not stack up…

Well, I never!

After a bullish candle in the hour of the (un)employment news, NZD/USD broke below 0.69 in the 2am-3am period:

As a result, GBP/NZD has shot up and is now trading…

ABOVE 2.11!

Eddie, Baz, and Yohec: are you buying?

:slight_smile:

Before the latest upward spike on GBP/NZD I entered short around 2.1040. I was looking to pick up 100 pips on a drop to 2.09.

Earlier this week I picked up 100 pips going long from 2.0980 to 2.1080.

Yeah baby, yeah!!

A break through 2.1100 & then a nice pin-bar of the 20EMA, I am most definitely long. Got in at 2.1237 which a cautious 50-pips stop. Going to trail it at 2R as I’ve got a busy day & wont be eying the charts.

Instead of banking pips, I’ve got to prep for a birthday party for my 3yr old (I know, kill me now). You’ll have all this to look forward to PMH. How is the eviction notice going, are mother & child ready for “splash-down”?