Broker manipulation or just a technical problem?

Hi there, I am currently using IC Markets in Australia. I am scalping using a very small account right now. I use the cTrader platform which supposedly renders broker manipulation impossible. Everything has been fine for a few months thus far, but in the last few days I have been finding my charting data clearly lags the market. For example a stop will be hit, say a good 10 seconds before the charting shows it - basically this renders my method untradable, as I will get my order filled after the spikes I try to catch have already happened. IC Markets claims to be a true ECN - so I am trying to figure out what is going on. Yes I have contacted them about it - they’ve said their looking into, but I am yet to hear a reply.

I’ve worked damn hard at revising this method into a consistant strategy, and I am not far from scaling up my volume, so I am really frustrated to be dealing with this right now. Further to that - it seems very hard to find a broker that claims to be a true ECN that does not have many bad reviews online.

Has anyone else had this issue with a lagging chart feed from a broker?

Is your chart showing both bid and ask lines?

Yes it does. Bid/Ask market depth can also be viewed for any given pair in cTrader.

Could be the ask line missing or an Internet connection lag. Also make sure your PC does not have a spyware virus or something.

I have never had an issue with what you describe. Maybe it is best to await what your broker will tell you.

To update this thread, I’ve talked to the Broker IC Markets, and they sent me a reply from cTrader saying they thought the chart data was lagging because of something to do with loading trading history on their system. Apparently they’ve shifted the data around somehow, but things are working snappy again though.

Maybe one lesson though is to be a little patient with these kinds of problems and a broker, before assuming immediately someone is trying to scam you. Also gotta keep patient with trading, things almost seemed to be working well enough to keep trading - but ultimately these problems contributed to a losing week as the chart lag at times was obviously throwing me off my game.