Has anyone used lucky charms?

just wondering if traders use magic to help them make trading decisions; any wiccans out there? any sorcerers? how about astrologers? and what do you do to help you make trades; how successful is it compared to technical analysis? thanks.

Fascinating question! I myself listen to classical music when trading around news events to calm my nerves and help me think. It turned to a trading habit and I consider it my lucky charm! Not really magic or comparable to good ol’ technical analysis but it seems to help.

Charms are good for intraday sport. Higher time frames the patience is the best lucky charm there is. Another one for classical music though , good night sleep and shower or bath before the session. Few laps in the pool in between trades if the session is intense wont harm as well :slight_smile:

Whatever works I guess. I think many have more unlucky charms than charms. Have your lucky charms for breakfast and start your trading day trusting your strategy :).

Other “lucky charms” used by some traders (especially newbies): INDICATORS.

Indicators can be very dangerous, leading to overuse, addiction, and mental derangement.

In the most severe cases, traders have contracted a deadly disease called [I][B]indicatortoxicosis.[/B][/I]

Symptoms include —

• sweating, labored breathing, talking to the computer screen, and revenge trading

• charts covered with so much spaghetti that the candles are no longer visible, and

• account balances that plunge to zero.

I chant:
FOREX GODS GIVE ME WHAT I NEED TO SUCCEED GIVE ME PIPS GIVE ME TIPS!
usually do that 3 or 5 times and it works :53:

Well no… lol

I usually am like the rest here, some music you enjoy to relax you, and go in with a clear, empty mind so you can soley focus on trading!

Happy trading

Jason:64:

[QUOTE=“TheLastBear;713139”]Whatever works I guess. I think many have more unlucky charms than charms. Have your lucky charms for breakfast and start your trading day trusting your strategy :).[/QUOTE]

Last Bear, nice to see you again! I was wondering what happened to you. Good to see you back!

You’ve perhaps heard of the “Delta phenomenon” and “Delta trading”, invented (though he doubtless said “discovered”) by Jim Sloman who then sold his insights to Welles Wilder, inventor of technical analysis indicators such as the RSI, parabolic SAR, and ATR? “Delta” is [I]hugely[/I] popular (some trading forums even have folders/sections specifically devoted to it), and it’s based on the lunar cycle and the rhythm of the tides.

I’m not even sure whether the moon, and its phases, are considered part of “astrology”, but if they are, then the answer to your question’s definitely “yes”.

Pendulum dowsing is also used as a trading aid/indicator by some people with the appropriate experience and beliefs.

For myself, I wouldn’t think they’re any more meaningful or relevant than most of the other, recent-price-based chart indicators of which so many here are such ardent enthusiasts. :wink:

CLASS!

Nice one, Clint… “Indicatortoxicosis”… quality…[/B]