How many times did you blow your account?

How many times did you blow your account? Thinking everytime you will find the ‘holy grail’…

Holy Grail. . .Closest thing to it: Trading Method (System), Money Management. Risk is the only thing you can control. Goal should be protect your current bank roll (trading account), while at the same time adding to it. Mindset. Once risk is calculated, and your Method gives you a chance to have more positive trades than negative long term, you need to give them a chance by exercising patience and discipline.
Just my 2 cents
Gp

Thankfully 0 times. knock on wood

i have to agree with GP. I dont believe a forex Holy Grail exist

GP GREAT TO SEE U BACK.

SHUT UP LOL. saying thats like having a banana on a boat lol.

Seriously though, Good job

I have a couple of times, but it was when i was starting my live account, even though i’ve tripled my demo account balance a hundred times before. Unfortunately for me starting live was a bit different, the psychology is real time and the pressure was there. The emotions get the best of your and it’s very dangerous especially if your trading on spot forex and no matter what your mind is clouded in judgement. Since then i’ve committed myself to studying rather than searching for the holy grail or get rick quick thing.

I’ve drowned myself in obsession with studying, spending a month on just money management, a month on strategies, a month on just focusing on entries alone, trade management, back testings, strategies on different time frames, finding my best indicators and strategies that work for how i trade in swinging and scalping, etc. Eversince i’ve done that, i haven’t blown it since, and i don’t trade spot forex anymore, just limit orders, and nothing beats the smile you have when your studying pays off and you can trade off limit orders and be profitable and check your account at the end of the day and find your trades are winners :slight_smile: Now forex is like a business to me, and a lot like a game, i just focus on winning, not the money i make, i use money management to dictate my lots and risk, but the winners add up, and i very much enjoy it, forex has become my passion and i enjoy all the analyzing that comes with it. I used to spend hundreds of hours of screen time and spending the months obsessing over learning money management and strategies etc, i spend less screen time than before and way more profitable.

yeah. each month usually burn my account. i think need the most trade will get it in the business.

Hello dear friends

More than 20 times approx. Those all with small capital. I’ve come to know that you need to have at least of a bigger account to trade forex calmly. If your account balance is too low then you will surely blow it up trying to grow it to a reasonable amount.

I have to agree with GP and 3xfx!

I traded on demo’s only for [U]years[/U] when I was started (was too young to trade for real) and blew [I]loads[/I] of accounts, when I started. Fortunately, I haven’t (yet!) blown a real one.

This is a very great track record if you haven’t blown any real account. I don’t think there would be more traders that haven’t blown their real accounts at start of their trading career.

Twice, live accounts. Too long ago, though.

On Demos three times. On real account zero so far.

hello…what is ‘holy grail’?

It’s an idiomatic metaphor used to refer to something idealised and permanently elusive, a sort of “dream come true” which one can never actually find, in reality. That’s the sense in which the expression has been used in this thread.

It’s also the name of a (not very good) specific trading system, promoted in a trading textbook a while ago.

Both these meanings of “holy grail” are further discussed and explained in this thread from earlier today: [B]301 Moved Permanently

How many times did you blow your account?

From a fresh wet behind the ears Newbie to now (3+yrs), I am still safely on my very first account & haven’t even been remotely near to blowing it. My MM has always been pretty damn good i.e. stereotypical tight fisted Scotsman who doesn’t like parting with his mon£y.

Believe nothing of the stingy Scot stereotype, for
Yorkshire avariciousness is claimed to be unequalled!

Old tales, of course: there is plenty a generous heart all across these isles, but the same cannot be said of successful retail forex traders, I fathom :wink:

None but I cheated on demo, every time I’d get drawn down 20% or so I’d just open a new one… My inner perfectionist just hated looking at negative curves. I treated my demo trading pretty seriously though and never did REALLY blow one out thanks to tight risk management.

I’ve been live since last Sept. and after an initial 15% drawdown I started to catch my stride, I’ve brought that back to a +6% overall… never more than a 1% risk on any trade so far. The plan is to keep it that way.

I’ve blown two accounts so far, over the course of several years. I’m currently doing better on the third account, I hope I’ll be able to keep that up.