Quantitative analysis

hi, anybody know about quant analysis? it is supposed to predict where your chart is heading, you can also find the low and high of your chart. hedge fund houses are using it and there is 95% strike rate as i heard.

[QUOTE=“krafty;712947”]hi, anybody know about quant analysis? it is supposed to predict where your chart is heading, you can also find the low and high of your chart. hedge fund houses are using it and there is 95% strike rate as i heard.[/QUOTE]

I don’t think it’ll work; I mean, if they really could do that, the guys working at the bank would all quit and trade retail, buy yachts, private jets, their own personal island, and call it a life.

I have to concur…

Besides, if it had a 95% success rate, do you think they would tell us?

[QUOTE=“PipMeHappy;712967”] I have to concur… Besides, if it had a 95% success rate, do you think they would tell us?[/QUOTE]

I mean these guys should be pulling a George Soros (making a billion dollars on one trade) every other day if their probability of winning was 95%.

What you really need, i suppose, is to know the right people. the people that build the systems that are good to go like Soros. What you should do is get to know George Soros, and think like him, and then probably you can sort of emulate his trading style, but you’d have to get in the door first and for most of us, it might be too late.

the catch is that you will need to combine fundamental and technical analysis, you need both to work with quant. i am trying to find out more, currently, i am running R software with Arima modelling for 5 hour prediction. with this tool, i have another aspect to see if my trade work or i am completely wrong so as to cut loss.

[QUOTE=“krafty;713025”] the catch is that you will need to combine fundamental and technical analysis, you need both to work with quant. i am trying to find out more, currently, i am running R software with Arima modelling for 5 hour prediction. with this tool, i have another aspect to see if my trade work or i am completely wrong so as to cut loss.[/QUOTE]

pivot points do the trick as far as when price is going to turn and all I had to do was move my mouse and click a few times. how’s that working out for you? unless this stuff actually works, i’m not going to invest in it.