Looking for forex trading buddies

Hi, I’m looking for 4-5 forex trading buddies who would like to meetup once a month around Sydney to discuss our trading setups. However, if you’re trading stock or futures market then I’m also okay with that as long as you’re using technical analysis to take your trade setups. So it’s more like a small accountability group. The requirements are simple:

1. Must maintain a trading journal for all the setups that you take. It doesn’t matter whether you’re using demo or real account. A trading journal can be in an excel spreadsheet, downloaded historical transactions from your trading platform or myfxbook. You can hide the amount of dollar risked per trade. If you’re still in backtesting stage, I’m okay with that as long as you keep a journal of your results.
  2. You must not keep changing your trading systems every time they stop working after 3 months. If you want to change your trading system, then you must show to me that you’ve done your backtesting or forward testing the system on demo/live account for at least 6 months.
    I am serious about forex trading and have spent a lot of my free time learning forex trading so I want to hang out with traders who have the same level of commitment. A little bit about myself. I’ve been learning and trading forex for 5 years now. Still a breakeven trader :slight_smile: I love to trade using price action. I have 2 trading systems; one is for ranging market and the other one is for trending market. I think forex trading is a lonely journey so it’ll be good if I can have a discussion with other serious traders. Hopefully we can help each other to become a better forex/share/futures trader.

Hey Ryukenden, I’m from Singapore and I’m looking for trading buddies as well. While I most definitely can’t meet in Sydney once a month, I’m interested in joining or forming a chat group for scalp/day traders who trade within the time zone of 2pm-10pm (GMT+8).

For your requirements…

1. I’m still demo trading but I do keep a journal and record every trade I take, some of these trades will include my reason for entry as well as my comments after the trade as ended.
  2. I do not yet have a fixed trading system, just something I’ve recently started working on and still demo trading with. It’s explained in more detail in my other thread also looking for trading buddies.

I agree that trading is a lonely journey and I hope to have a chat group I can share trade ideas and grow together with, with everyone sharing and shouting when and why they entered or exit a trade. Some questions of my own:

• Which pairs do you trade?
  • What kind of trader are you? (Scalp/day/swing?)

I can’t meet in Sydney (live in Canada) but would be interested in meeting electronically (email, chat, whatever). It always helps to get other perspectives, etc and have others to help you keep focus. I am a discretionary swing trader, usually looking at H1 and H4 time frames, trade all pairs. Price action is my bread and butter as well. Ryukenden, Mykoh, let me know if you want to give it a try.