Did you grow a small account? Share your story!

[QUOTE=“PipMeHappy;717545”]PS: if we believed this, we could believe anything (no disrespect to the ‘Emma Coleman’ in the video, if that was indeed her name) EXPOSED: Single Mom From Sydney Makes $7.650/Month From Home And You Won’t Believe How She Does It![/QUOTE]

The dodgy use of green screen says it all!.

I grew 200usd into $1000 in two weeks. It was a slow progress though. I also lost 1000usd in 2 days. :17: makes me laugh all the time. That was my learning stage.

Hi Forexlight!

You say that’s slow progress… but you grew $200 to $1000 in only two weeks? I’d say that’s pretty good progress lol.

Could you shed some light on what style of strategy you have? Fundamental? Technical? Day trade? Swing trade?

i had an initial deposit of $1,086 but it was brought down to $184. the good part is just within three days of trading, my account is reading $235. that is more than 20% of my remaining balance in three days! i trade with two separate positions of 0.03 lot sizes, and trade major news events and market sentiments. i am hopeful that i can build off of this momentum and claw back up to $300 by the end of next week. taking it one step at a time.

[B]Here’s the real secret of Forex.[/B]

The number one mistake most newbies make when trading Forex is they are trading more than 0.01 lot especially if their balance is under $2000.

You know the old saying. If it sounds to good to be true it is! If I knew myself I could make a fortune in FX I would, fact is I can’t. I do it because I like it, but if I ever am able to say I made my fortunes in FX this would be the first place to announce it! My main problem is my work schedule. I am still trying to work around that. Small accounts or smaller lot percents are a good way to test the waters. When one feels comfortable with going big then adding to the lot size or risk is probably a good bet. At least in a small account with smaller risk per trade say.01 of a dollar you can test your strategies without losing your shirt. Like any business it is money management. If a business net value of 10 billion losses 1 million in a quarter they value it as a loss, same with a business net value of 1 million or 500 dollars, either one when having a loss in any percentage will take it as a loss and try to regain that loss usually in spending, like controlling inventory or labor costs, so with FX it’s the same, it is a business so you got to look at it that way. Especially when your money is on the line, but at least the only shareholder is you, unless you have other traders working under you or for you. If that makes any sense.

I guess it’s because he is more like a gambler with a bad money management who trusts in luck. That’s why he made 500% in two weeks but lost then everything in two days.
In o

Thanks for you reply maxiipriestt! Your story sounds a lot like mine… I started with an initial deposit of $1020 and grew that to $1300 then lost it to $450 then grew it to $600 and now it’s back down to $285… So my struggle at present is turning around the profit and loss ratio so I can at least break even after a losing streak… My initial big loss streak was because of increasing lot sizes after becoming ****y but I’ve since changed that and have reverted to a demo account to redefine my strategy.

I guess the reason for this thread is to know if anyone has grown such a small account or is it better to wait until I have at least $10,000 to put on the line before trading properly again…

Hey Cryptocurrency… if I could rewind time about 3 months ago and you told me that I probably would’ve thought “pffft whatever” but now, after more research and trial & error, I couldn’t agree with you more.

Trading on a demo account furiously and testing lot sizes etc has taught me that it’s actually better to go way smaller than you want to, locking in small profits, rather than increasing your lot size. I found that winning streaks do run out, no matter what strategy you have so if your lot size is too big, your losing streak ends up destroying your account.

I’m now back to using 0.01 and 0.02 lot sizes and also using the scaling in and out method and it’s definitely been beneficial during losing streaks!

Good ideas to put into practice, very good info.

Yes I grow my small account in slow manner. I withdraw some percentage of profit and rest of the amount is to grow my capital . I do not take high risk with my money I have to choose appropriate risk in any trade so that I can easily manage my account. I am contented on low profits too than of loosing a big amount .

I hope someone reply to this forum, I have been on these forums for so long and I have yet to see an actual bank balance or an actual live mt4 balance. Every ones a teacher but no one can drop a bread crumb. back in 2008 I doubled an account from 500 to 1000 in 2 weeks. Then poof! It would be nice to see some proof and hear some stories

i did once in 2011 took 248$ account to 10,700$ just in 60 days with Liteforex and profits withdrawn also.

Don’t hold your breath, because you won’t see it on these types of forums.

The only folks churning out a consistent living operating professionally are either successful industry experienced participants running their own book or well capitalised individuals who have been fortunate enough to interact with, & receive direction from said individuals. Of course there will always be rare exceptions to that rule, but if they do indeed exist on Babypips they would have no problem evidencing it when requested to do so!

In this business if you intend to run your own account, in order to make decent money consistently you need a decent pot to begin with & you’ll certainly have to devote sufficient time to generate that consistency. If indeed those types of individuals happen to have stumbled across Babypips or likeminded sites at some point on their journey, they won’t hang around too long & they certainly won’t waste their valuable time educating, or paying forward to newbies either unless there’s something in it for them.

You would be very well advised to stick to your guns regarding insisting on proof of competency when/if you ever decide to invest time in strategies/systems/educational products or individuals.

If like most on here it’s merely a pastime or hobby, Babypips is a good a place as any to hang out & have fun.

1 Like

You won’t see them posting proof on forums.

Most of the successful super traders went underground or at least outside of public forums like this. They are rare. Those who brave themselves to go public were treated inappropriately and some times with harsh remark.

But they do exist… much like the super genius kid from your region’s top university.

Thanks for you input… this is very interesting. I’ve always been skeptical of these systems as my thinking is “if it were that easy then surely everyone would be doing it”…

The only times I’ve managed to build up small deposits involved luck. I just got a good run of trades and used them as a foundation, but soon after I lost a third of the profits (quickly made a withdrawal then) after three bad trades. That taught me a lesson never to think my systems are invincible.

Hi traders, I am a newbe. I am really excited about this journey.I am looking forward to be a succesful trader by managing my money and growing my account steadily, not just to make money, but to learn the market and the trend.
I take FX seriously and I really want to learn.

QUESTION
I have been trading with 0.03 lots but I feel like I am being taken out of the market before I reach my target profit.

E.g 1:4 ,I am willing to loose 10pips (stoploss) × 0.03= 3euros to gain 40pips × 0.03=12 euros but I am taken out of the trade before my target profit, what am I doing wrong. I know my explanation is on layman’s language.
Please help

That’s informative, thanks.

Bro I deposited 15 usd into my xm account and got a 100% bonus making 30 usd in total

In 3 days I turned it from 30 usd to 71 usd
Its was easy my brother also turned his 15 usd account to 85 usd …I used a full proof strategy and was very patient …took no losses in these trades and I trade onces a day ,just trying to make 10 usd a day but guess I made more … its funny how traders talk about taking small risk to make small money in this site …but I say take risks if u see that the market is moving as ur strategy tells u and hold your trades but also I learnt that risk management is very important cause I blew 3 accounts before making fast money … but it must happen to everyone this is how we learn …flipping a account is not luck its skill… in a 10 usd account u can make 100 dollars in a week if u know what u doing and use risk management it is important… I have seen people do this alot and they are really good at it …it all knowledge and skill ,no luck here

1 Like