Which indicator do prerfer?

which indicator works best for you in your trades?

Use the search button bro. You’ll find threads addressing this very question.

You can check MACD Indicator out.
It is One of the most popular and common indicators used by many
forex traders today, the MACD is a trend indicator used to
gauge the strength and direction of an ongoing trend. Its very good especially when you learn how to use it correctly. All the best!!!

i using RSI and moving averages. good enough.

I use two indicators :
Moving averages (200MA)
Momentum …

Do you combine both indicators and how do you read the signals? I saw on a website, i think its frobet.com that you can combine the Moving average and SAR parabolic. Quite an interesting combination.

I can not say any one indicator will give perfect results. May be combination of two or more will give you best idea for trading . It is possible you not depend on indicator do naked trading because every time indicators are not reliable . Good traders rely just their own skill and experience rather than any other tools.

My preference is support/resistance and I do have quite a few to assist my judgement. I’m still learning, still with demo. The indicator that I use for judging is ichimoku, stoch, RSI. Presently testing MA200 and MA100, macs but yet to see any gain. The others that I’ve tried is CCI, bollinger, fibo. I find bollinger quite useful. I may look into CCI and RSI to compare.
I find most indicators, as a matter of fact, all indicator lag and above all, they are all bound to fail with spikes. I think spikes is where the money is, if we understand how that work. I stil have a lot to learn and I believe I can never learn some. Don’t take my words on the preference indicator as I’ve mention that I am new, very very new.
What about you guys? and Your reason? :slight_smile:

Unfortunately applying an indicator in the same way to every market condition may not give you an edge: for example, if you use RSI as a signal to sell when price is overbought, what happens when price continues to rise in spite of being overbought? Or, let us say you sell when two moving averages cross, but then price shoots back up, and it does this several times over…what then? Some indicators work well in ranging markets but not so well in trending markets, or vice versa, and all indicators are lagging so they can all fail…

Your only edge is how you protect capital, and there is no hard and fast rule, no simple indicator that tells you how much risk is appropriate in any given market situation: finding shelter in numbers and mathematics, and indicators, is the obvious newbie choice because it gives the comfort of making trading objective, but, in truth, no indicator is objective because no two people will interpret an indicator’s information in the same way…

Points taken. Yes, I did notice that with the RSI, it just stay up and refuse to come down. I almost forget the trends associated with these indicators. My next assignment, indicators and their preference trends.