Balls Of Steel - trading volatile pairs

I’m going to stay out until after Yellen talks and the NIESR GDP estimate, both coming up in less than 3 hours.

I’m in short GBP/AUD from 2.0475. Hopefully the GDP release coming up shortly won’t mess it up but I’ll be out at B/E worst case scenario.

Your timing turned out well, it could still have some good movement downward. I won’t be looking for a short unless it retraces back to at least 2.0500.

Yep worked out well - closed it out just now at 2.0350 as looks like it might have found it’s footing and didn’t fancy seeing a chunk pop back quickly as seems to happen with these pairs.

I’m only in EurUsd at the moment, got some personal stuff on currently so I’ll likely be quiet the rest of the trading week.
Good luck to you guys, I’ll catch you later

GBP/AUD: Short at 2.0500

I will short again if it gets to 2.0600

GBP/AUD: Position #2 Short at 2.0600

GBP/NZD:
Short at 2.1854
Closed at 2.1745 for +109 pips

Closed both positions at 2.0500 for +100 pips.

Worked out nicely for you. I was watching it live this morning after the LO and hesitated pulling the trigger as it looked like total carnage at the time. Missed my shot then. Opened a half-size GBP/AUD long from 2.0337 a short while ago. Was thinking that RBA Stevens later tonight might take the chance to try and give the Aussie a boot down. Keeping this one on a tight leash though as things are so volatile right now.

Tapped out at 2.04 - didn’t like the look of how the 200HMA seemed to be containing the upside.

Hemmm…

Thanks everyone for providing such exciting evidence that…being profitable CAN happen!

I am testing out NinjaTrader at the moment to enter a trial with TopStepTrader (which may

lead to having a funded account)… Long-term trades with FXCM are a bit slow at picking up,

so I am glad to be re-engaging with day-trading as a separate challenge, to see how it can

be done… So, I am still reading this thread, even though I do not have much to contribute :slight_smile:

I hope you liked my video, by the way :slight_smile:

See y’all!

GBP/NZD and GBP/AUD have been fun to trade the past few weeks. Following is my performance on these 2 pairs since the start of the year:

[B][U]GBP/NZD[/U][/B]
Positions opened: 18 (5 long, 13 short)
Results: 13 winners, 2 losers, 3 break even
Total profit: +1222 pips

[B][U]GBP/AUD[/U][/B]
Positions opened: 10 (3 long, 7 short)
Results: 9 winners, 0 losers, 1 break even
Total profit: +867 pips

Lately I have only been taking short positions. The levels I have been looking for taking a short are 2.1850 for GBP/NZD and 2.0500 for GBP/AUD. But I have been cautious because these two can make large moves in a very short time.

Spectacular performance, very well done

Agreed! Spectacular!!!

could be a nice chunk of change depending on how big he trades. but regardless that is amazing

The 2.1500 Support level held again. I will start looking for another short entry after it retraces to at least the 38.2% Fib at 2.1855.

Pip, Eddie, 3xfx, thanks for the nice words.

Yes, I’ve had a very good run on the 2 pairs. I need to continue to remind myself to remain patient and wait for the right time to enter the trade. I do not want to get overconfident and start giving back the hard fought profits.

Best of luck to you as well.

Short GBP/NZD from 2.1845 after it looked to be stalling out at the 200HMA which has been containing the upside for the past few days. Stretching past the ATR too so worth a punt. Been a nice week and I’m not giving anything back to the market if I can avoid it so will move stop to B/E fairly sharpish.