Balls Of Steel - trading volatile pairs

who knows if it will go ahead

CAMERON RESIGNS
Cameron announces that he will step down as PM in October
Sterling to fall further?

It didn’t, nor did the FTSE100… The big moves seem to have been exhausted.

Im taking a bit of a back seat on long term trading for a while until we see how things pan out, too unpredictable at the moment.
How about yourself?

Ditto. Not sure how much of that big move last night was down to illiquid markets. Real money should start flowing into the market today/Monday once the dust has settled a bit and I guess we’ll see then where things go.

I agree…either at the US open today, or Monday

Not much seems to be happening now…

Agreed , Edsie… But my overall P/L is hedged in a way that I am back to where I was pre-referendum vote…nothing much has happened…I will just have to be even more Buddha-like…

In light of recent events, volatility has surged across many pairs and will, in all likelihood, continue to do so until the situation in the UK settles.
Until such time, I will be taking a breather from long term trading and shall switch my focus to holding trades for less than a week maximum.
I’ll keep posting here, just shorter holding periods

Nice one, Eddie…

I am holding my hedged positions until I can see the risk deadlock of 2015-2016 resolved, which means deleveraging on a cross-asset basis…

I will make my fiftieth trading video soon, coming up to the 17th July, which will mark one year from opening one of my first long-term positions…

GBP/USD opens the first post-Brexit trading week with a gap down of 200 pips…

Friday close: 1.3650;
Sunday open: 1.3450.

Excellent! I’ve just moved my stop on GbpNzd to lock in 100 pips profit

UsdJpy long 101.887, stop at 101.287

And closed for +150 pips.
Goodnight all

Just 2 trades on, both long

GbpNzd @1.8885
UsdJpy @ 102.30

Back to business as usual :slight_smile:

Nice call on gbpnzd…

Thanks, ive got a stop in at 1.8600 to limit any downside

Closed UsdJpy for +30 pips
Closed GbpNzd for +100 pips

Eddie’s on fire!!

You are killing it :))

Caught some decent pips on long GBP/JPY today but gone flat again to take stock. Will probably look to go long with GBP/NZD if it dips back to the daily low from 28th and 29th and there’s nothing too crazy going on.

Looking at the weekly chart we’re clearly at an important support level but I’m not concentrating too much on the longer term picture right now until things have definitely settled down a bit more.

Hardly PMH, just scrapping around, taking what I can until I can make more sense of the situation.
Long term (possibly VERY long) im sure gbpnzd will claw back most if not all this years losses.

We’ll see… Meanwhile…

Buddha Buttocks rule my life

:frowning: