Balls Of Steel - trading volatile pairs

Hello Eddie,

I agree with Manxx, that it has been an incredible run for this thread, which you have so expertly led

forward with wit and honesty: like Emeraldorc’s volume thread, it will potentially slip below the first

page but hopefully I (and others) will keep it going just long enough, just like I (and others) try to

do with Emeraldorc’s thread.

It has to be said, though: the crown for this thread is and will always be yours, because of the

trading style and the consistency with which you have traded your concept. . .

I know that one cannot be on BabyPips with such intensity for ever, as other things crop up in life,

but I hope that you will continue to make some contribution, as you have exactly the right attitude

that makes you so valuable for these forums.

Good luck with your trading and

I hope this is more ‘see you later’ than ‘farewell’!!

[B][U]All[/U][/B] the above goes for me, also. The forum is all the better for this thread, and personally, although I’ve never been able to contribute more than the occasional facetious comment to it, I’m sorry to see it drawing to a close. But thank you very much indeed for it anyway, Eddie. :cool:

I will miss it eddieb I was sometimes in the same trade as you and sometimes I had the feeling you went the wrong way. Anyway I analysed your trade setups to understand and learn from it I realize I have to go a long way to become a trader and even match your level. Thanks for everything an we see you around.

TC

Thank you guys for your kind words, I am genuinely touched.

I’ll still be around, bumping up my newbies thread and clicking that “report” button - that seems particularly necessary at the weekend when all the spammers and scammers crawl out from beneath their rocks. For those who hadn’t realised it already, I started the Newbies Guide thread because David Branco had inadvertently brought to my attention the need to reach out to new members and I thought it was better if I tried to fill that void, rather than leave to another like him.

Keep spreading the love

You are welcome,.Eddie…

And if GBP/NZD ever made it to 3.0 before I was in my seventies, I would have to invite you over for dinner :slight_smile:

Good ideas to put into practice, very good info and useful.

So many threads on BP asking if it’s possible to grow a small account, I’ve always said it is and have decided to actually try it for myself.
Ive started a $100 account today, trading similarly to Balls Of Steel looking for long term trends but using stop losses as the account is too small to take risks, so I’m trying to replicate the position of a lot of newbies.
I will start with 0.01 size lots, 0.02 as the account grows.
I will only open trades when existing trades have some profit locked in.
I will manually move my stops, no trailing stops.
I will let my trades run in true Balls of Steel fashion, trying to maximise my profits.

I dont have the time to post trades, but will try my best to keep this updated.

So, started today with $100.00

Closed 4 winning trades, the best being

GbpJpy short for +140 pips
GbpUsd short for +51 pips

Balance $118.55

I’ve done exactly the same by opening up a $100 account and hoping to double it sometime this year. I was up 12% last week but went through a number of bad trades and as of right now my account is down 7%.

I’m a first time poster but have been following this thread for some time. Hoping this thread keeps going as it has been really insightful and educational for a newbie like myself.

Ended Day 1 on $122.48

Hi, just got a few minutes so thought I’d update this.

Doing very nicely on GbpUsd and GbpJpy shorts, have had trades retrace and close for nice profits, then reopened them at better prices than they closed at.

Also keeping an eye on a possible UsdCad long - if you look at the D1 charts this pair is around the bottom of a climbing channel, so I hope to get in should it bounce off the channel bottom.

Balance Day 2 $129.61
2 trades GbpJpy and GbpUsd shorts both with profit secured by stops

Namaste

This is a great thread :slight_smile: I hope you do well with it :slight_smile:

UsdCad is indeed interesting, with that long-term trend-line support offrring an opportinity, although it is a slow-moving pair, so if anybody loves their crosses, they should forget about quick gains through this Major!

Have my eye on the USDCAD pair as well as GBPCAD. Seems like both are due for a bullish reversal soon.

Hi.
Since my last post Ive had very little time to trade, just sticking with GbpJpy shorts at the moment. Over the coming months I really can only see Sterling dropping, although this weeks better-than-expected UK numbers picked it up temporarily.
Couple of trades closed, some up a bit, others lost a bit, with the end result that my balance has barely moved since my last post.
Still keeping an eye on USDCAD, looking for a return upwards here.

Balance after 1 full week $128.94

Gone long on that UsdCad trade I mentioned before, so now have 3 trades opem

Long UsdCad
Short GbpJpy
Short EurUsd

Here’s some nice music for the weekend

Hi.
Currently on $131.22
However, I have very little time to trade at the moment and even less time to visit BP, so I’ll freeze this account for now and return to it some time later when, hopefully, I will have more time.

Hi Eddie!

That is fantastic! Well done!

How do you ‘freeze’ an account? Stick in the freezer for a bit… ? ;p

See you around! Don’t go away too long :slight_smile:

This thread should be revived for all to see!!

Hi PMH.
Long time since I last read this thread, let alone posted on it.

Oddly, there is still an element of Balls of Steel in my trading even now. Sure, my money management is tighter and I’m less likely to let losses run away with me, but I do stick in trades for a long time, rarely cashing out for less than a hundred pips even on slower moving pairs.

I also, as you know, trade indexes, gold, and oil much more than before.

1 Like

I shall now name you

Lord Steel of Pipdom

:slight_smile:

1 Like