Just for Kicks

I’ve been messing around with a binary account I just opened this week. I deposited $100 and I’m curious to see how far I can take this before I blow it. This is only for entertainment purposes only and I am fully expecting to blow the entire account at some point, the question is if it will be on the first day (in which case this thread will be exceptionally short) or in a few weeks.

Basic concept.

I will be risking the entire account on every trade.

I’m guessing the majority of the trades will be on hourly binaries.

The target profit for each trade will be about 5% to 10% per trade. This is horrible risk to reward ratio, but it’s the only way that I can see making this work. The strike price further away from the current price lowers the profit, but increases the likelihood of a successful trade.

I deposited $100. The current balance is at $108 (I’ve won two trades).

I will post screenshots from the mobile platform after each trade closes.

Screenshots can be doctored, it’s up to believe the results. If per chance this account gets run up to anything significant, save yourself the breath, I am not wasting my time creating a thread to post photoshopped screenshots.

I will post the screenshot at a zero balance when the inevitable trade comes along that wipes out the account… It will come.

Anyone want to start guessing how far I will get?

My guess would be: not very far at all. Betting 100% means that one loss & it’s game over.

Personally, if I could become more consistent with my win/loss ratio, I always wanted to trade (as an experiment) like they do on some of the football/soccer predictors on FB ie: what you win rolls over to the next bet (in this case, trade).

So that say you have a £1,000 account, you’re risking 2% & you’re taking trades that have a RR of 1:2 & you look to string, say, 4 winners together.
Win 1 = £40
Win 2 = £80
Win 3 = £160
Win 4 = £320

Now assuming that you have a decent win ratio, this may be feasible. As long as you bank the £320 & start a new string of 4 wins, even pulling this off once means that you have another 16 attempts to repeat it again before you’re losing money.

I wouldn’t advise this money management technique, I’d just like to try it for my own curiosity.

I have another trade open, will post the result at the end of the hour.

[QUOTE=“baz1982;720258”]My guess would be: not very far at all. Betting 100% means that one loss & it’s game over. Personally, if I could become more consistent with my win/loss ratio, I always wanted to trade (as an experiment) like they do on some of the football/soccer predictors on FB ie: what you win rolls over to the next bet (in this case, trade). So that say you have a £1,000 account, you’re risking 2% & you’re taking trades that have a RR of 1:2 & you look to string, say, 4 winners together. Win 1 = £40 Win 2 = £80 Win 3 = £160 Win 4 = £320 Now assuming that you have a decent win ratio, this may be feasible. As long as you bank the £320 & start a new string of 4 wins, even pulling this off once means that you have another 16 attempts to repeat it again before you’re losing money. I wouldn’t advise this money management technique, I’d just like to try it for my own curiosity.[/QUOTE] yup. good points.

Bailed out of a trade for a small loss.

I am going to now begin risking roughly half the account for roughly a 50% profit. Better risk reward. Faster account run up potential. Also more likely to take a loss.

79% so far today.

Account will either be blown or at $230 pending a current option expiry.

I need audjpy to be above 84.40 at London session open to be in the money.

I’ll assume by the silence that you have a balance of £0.00?

You bet the whole account on one trade?

-Adrian