Using Twitter To Filter Trades

I have never been a fan of Twitter. Take the celebrities out of the equation & basically, you have FB with a stupid character limit.

However, I recently cancelled my personal account & created a new FX related email address & used it to create an account on Twitter that I use solely for FX purposes. I’m not giving out my handle as I’m not after followers as I’m not doing it for those reasons. What I have been doing is posting what pairs I’m keeping an eye on, generic educational links & also after a skillful yet bit of a fluke 8.5R winner (see the link below), I’ve started posted my trades live a few minutes after I take them.

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/75654-8-5r-gbpusd-bliss.html

Now I’m assuming that because I cropped up following other folk & the fact that I’ve got an amazingly brilliant FX related handle (I’m REALLY surprised that it wasn’t already taken), I do have some followers & because I’m posting my trade set-ups to the world, I’ve really been picking the best of the best as I assume that I’m being scrutinised by my peers. As such, I feel like Twitter has greatly improved my trading. Things have really clicked recently & posting my trades has caused me to pick better set-ups & reduce the amount of trades that I took as over-trading was an issue.

I posted a live trade yesterday that was a 4R winner, I posted another one this morning that turned in to a 5R winner in under 60mins. So with those 3 trades alone, that’s an amazing 17.5R return.

Now I know what you’re thinking, this guy is selling something etc. No I’m not, all I’m doing is promoting the idea of using Twitter to filter your trades:
If you can’t justify posting it, then it’s not a good set-up.
If you’re posting too often, you’re over-trading.
Hell, I consider myself to be just as much of a Newbie as most on here so if you see me selling anything for cold hard cash, please, just run the other way.

Yes I may be bragging a wee bit but I have no-one else to share my success with other than you guys on BabyPips (so please don’t judge me to harshly), but I do believe that things have clicked & with me filtering my trades better (using Twitter as per this thread), I’m hoping that my success will continue forward.

So all in all, join Twitter, follow some good FX related people & post the best of the best in terms of your trades.

Note: I am by no means affiliated with Twitter either :stuck_out_tongue:

Tradingview is also a nice website for posting trades.

[QUOTE=“GlobalMacro;720264”] Tradingview is also a nice website for posting trades.[/QUOTE]
I hadn’t seen that site before, it looks pretty good.

Unfortunately, it’s maybe a bit too advanced for what I’m doing: I don’t want to have to commit so much time to drawing up amazing looking charts & fully explaining my trades. It’s a link to add to my bookmarks for future reference though so thank you.

U might have a great idea that s gonna work for u. Looks like its really making u disciplined. Nothing like using peer pressure as a positive.

Id say good for u man.

Well written baz! Glad you found a way to benefit from social media in a positive manner.