What topics would you like to see discussed through educational videos?

Hello Pingback…any of my posts on Forextown with ‘My new (FreeFX) video’ in the title will take you to my YouTube channel…

If you’re up for some research I’ve love to learn a bit more about recommended brokers for the “higher” level retail traders. These:
-Generally have higher minimum deposits (5k-10k+)
-Operate on tight spread+commission rather than just spread
-Often don’t operate using Mt4 (I think?)

I’m not really one to complain about the marker maker hunting my stops, but I would like to learn more about brokers that can keep my spread as tight as possible, and, of course, allow US clients.

A very broad topic to discuss (and branches off some of the ideas here) is the process of how a graduated beginner becomes a intermediate level trader. Personally I view most of the education widely taught (trends, flags, MAs, fractals, H&S patterns, triangles, fibs, etc) are very theory based and it’s pretty much impossible for someone to implement these in practice. It’s not just in screen time either. To use any of these tools effectively, I have found that one has to almost… create tools to correctly map the above tools to function properly and yield an edge in pattern outcome. I have yet to watch your videos, but I find the question of “what did you learn as a beginner that you no longer believe in?” as well as, “What did you learn as a beginner that you still believe in?” to be useful to know where to start “trimming the fat” off of the general knowledge.

Just wondering who has bestowed knighthood upon you???
Just a question.

Tim

?

If I were a knight, I would have met the Queen

:slight_smile:

Emeraldorc also makes videos for the community here:

it is good to share.

You could do the same, as anyone:it is up to

people to watch them or not, and decide if what

they see is useful or not.

Hello traders!

As suggested by members Lexy and Arbitrager,

I have served up a new offering for you on the topic

of ‘fundamentals’ and ‘technicals’!

See the appropriate new thread on this!

Feedback welcome!

Hey you know what my real answer is? “Philosophy of finance and business”. AKA “Logic of finance and business.” I think that is really what is needed out there.

-Adrian

Hello everyone!

Well, I hope that I have answered at least some of these topics…

The one suggested by Lexy, namely “What is it with the New Zealand Dollar anyway?”

has probably been covered by my numerous videos on Kiwi pairs like GBP/NZD, but if

you think, Lexy, that I have not, I will then look at the Kiwi Dollar specifically, perhaps.

I have not done a video on ‘scalping’, as suggested by FX-Man PipDiddy, as it really is

not something that I ever use, so I would have to go on a big learning journey that

could be better done by someone who actually trades in that way and has experience

of it.

However, there are other suggestions by a few forum members that I may use…

Please add your own to this thread, so that I may see what is the ‘topic du jour’

on your mind.

Thank you.

Happy Trading.

I’d like to see videos on:

• The trading state of mind and best practices.
  • Something around fundamental analysis related to non-economic events. Things like what kind of weight terrorism and the upcoming US presidential election have had on the markets and what to look for/avoid in those situations.
  • How to effectively implement a trailing stop/reversal. When to use it, how to get software like metatrader to execute it with a minimum of fuss.
  • I did see your comment on scalping. Perhaps you could venture into the learning and do videos documenting what you have learned, giving your opinion of the methods based on how you currently trade? Sort of a compare/contrast.

These are just things I’d like to see, I have no idea if you already have videos on these topics. I have the time today to do some learning so I’m going to go see if I can’t find your videos and check them out.

Hello Durranc, thank you! I certainly will take a look at the impact of non-economic events on price, historically…it sounds like a great theme!!

I like to know hedging with multi pairs if its possible You are great guy Thank you and appreciate what you write and do

Thank you Markaria, i will try!!

It is done:

http://forums.babypips.com/forextown/79965-my-new-freefx-trading-video-special-trading-politics-natural-disasters.html#post760893

Hi PMH,
How about a series of short videos explaining some of those topics that continually get brought up by newbies?
I’m thinking of chart reading, making a trading plan, using popular indicators, why newbies should avoid news, etc

That is a good idea too!! I definitely have got out of the habit of doing short videos!!

I will have a go :slight_smile: Good suggestions! Thanks, Eddie!

Thank you, for this…

I just made a video about the issue highlighted in bold above…

see new thread in Forextown

Generally video sessions cover all major topics!!

I hope so…

I made now forty-six videos,

covering a variety of topics, including:

• Fibonacci levels;
  • indicators;
  • volume;
  • position trading vs. short-term trading;
  • a number of currency pairs (some of the Majors plus a few crosses);
  • central banks’ rate decisions;
  • making a trading plan;
  • politics impacting on price/currencies;
  • long-term cycles and historic charts.

More to come, though :slight_smile:

Well, there cannot be much of a burning thirst for such educational videos,

as the video so far only got eleven views!

What will happen is that the Forextown thread with the link to it

will get swallowed up by the many new threads and it will disappear

to the bottom of the pile…

I guess there is no way to pin it to the top, like a sticky, so I will have

to manually bump up that particular thread for a while to make sure

that enough people get to see it…

I also tried to post the same thread on Newbie Island but it was deleted,

perhaps it breached some kind of rule about thread duplication… So if

newbies only go to Newbie Island, they will miss the Forextown posts -

it was my fault for not posting it on Newbie Island in the first place.

:frowning:

My new
FreeFX video, no.2 in the Beginner Series:

‘Reading Charts: art or science?’.

Hello traders!

I have made a third video now, called “Popular Indicators”,

based on Eddie’s suggestion:

In this video I explore trading indicators and their possible uses: oscillators, Fibonacci, moving averages, ATR, and more.

Please take a look and leave comments!

Thank you