What topics would you like to see discussed through educational videos?

Hello traders!

As my ‘FreeFX’ collection of videos heads toward twenty,

I noticed that very rarely do I get any comments or feedback,

either on the YouTube channel or here, which prompted me to

post this thread question:

could any of you make any suggestions as to topics (related to

foreign exchange trading) that you would like discussed in video

format?

That should be a fairly straightforward question to answer, and

it would help me greatly in tailoring my videos to what people

want to see.

Thank you.

[U]Suggestions for future topics/titles[/U] …

“Methods of stop-loss placement”
"How to tell whether your methods really have an ‘edge’ "
“Why exits are more important than entries”
“The difference between margin and leverage”
“Position-sizing mistakes and how to avoid them”
“What is it, with the New Zealand dollar, anyway?”
“Which shoes to wear, for trading” :19:

Dear Lexy,

I am extremely grateful to you not only for hearing my call, but also for providing me with not one but six(!) suggestions - I am ignoring the seventh, for some reason :slight_smile:

I may not be qualified as industry professional, so I will do some research before posting anything, as I did for the video today on the BoE rate decision.

Thank you so much, again, for coming up with a great set of prompts… I think that the first one would certainly be one that I would like to cover.

Take care

and Happy Trading!

Hi PMH,
I haven’t been here on this site very long but I have noticed that a lot of people completely new to trading are joining here every day and it seems to me that the most useful videos would be aimed at their main needs. It also seems that most newcomers are trying to build their strategies and I thought maybe these would be good topics:

1. How to construct your personal trading system: TF’s, selecting a set of meaningful and complementary indicators (how many, what types), deciding profit/loss levels, which markets, etc, etc.

2. How to construct your personal trading system using price action: what does naked trading mean ( I don’t mean which shoes to wear :slight_smile: - but if it helps, well that too! ), how to monitor price action and identify trigger points and targets, etc

Just some thoughts…

Thank you, Manxx.

I have just made a video using Lexy’s first suggestion, and will be shortly publishing the link on Forextown.

:slight_smile:

How about something on scalping techniques or short-term trade strategies, maybe showing live price action during news releases and the trade decisions/risk adjustments you usually make during those instances? And I second lexys on those suggestions, particularly the ones concerning exits, position sizing, and stop placement since these are topics that experienced traders can still work on and might be interested in. Looking forward to seeing your vids and sharing 'em, too!

Grooming your stop while letting profits run.
Why fx is not actually a zero-sum game.
Think in percentages not pips or dollars.
You don’t have to predict the future to profit.
Why central bank announcements don’t always mean shix.
Why technicals are fundamental.

-Adrian

May I also propose a sequel to Adrian’s promising suggestion above: “Why fundamentals are technical”? :slight_smile:

Thank you, Lexy, Manxx, PipDiddy, and Adrian/ArbitragerOnAcid!

I will attempt to cover most/some of them soon xx

i am away to start writing an article for an Italian forex website,

so I will be busy with that today.

Happy Trading!

What are your videos listed under on Youtube. I haven’t noticed them. I would like to watch them.I consider myself intermediate as a trader. Not an expert but getting there. I can say one thing if I had to start over. I have learned one for sure thing about trading. It takes work and practice. But I do know and it is so simple a caveman could do it. You really don’t know which way a trend is going to go until there is a break out in one direction or another. You can determine the strength of the market and the probability, but unless you have a breakout candle you really have no idea which way or for how long the move will go. So I think many a newbie might need to realize this before taking on a trading endeavor. There may be misconceived notions that trading is easy even after a few months of Babypips school. It’s not the learning that is hard it is the reality of trading and getting it in your head. Just my view.

Hello Pingback…any of my posts on Forextown with ‘My new (FreeFX) video’ in the title will take you to my YouTube channel…

If you’re up for some research I’ve love to learn a bit more about recommended brokers for the “higher” level retail traders. These:
-Generally have higher minimum deposits (5k-10k+)
-Operate on tight spread+commission rather than just spread
-Often don’t operate using Mt4 (I think?)

I’m not really one to complain about the marker maker hunting my stops, but I would like to learn more about brokers that can keep my spread as tight as possible, and, of course, allow US clients.

A very broad topic to discuss (and branches off some of the ideas here) is the process of how a graduated beginner becomes a intermediate level trader. Personally I view most of the education widely taught (trends, flags, MAs, fractals, H&S patterns, triangles, fibs, etc) are very theory based and it’s pretty much impossible for someone to implement these in practice. It’s not just in screen time either. To use any of these tools effectively, I have found that one has to almost… create tools to correctly map the above tools to function properly and yield an edge in pattern outcome. I have yet to watch your videos, but I find the question of “what did you learn as a beginner that you no longer believe in?” as well as, “What did you learn as a beginner that you still believe in?” to be useful to know where to start “trimming the fat” off of the general knowledge.

Just wondering who has bestowed knighthood upon you???
Just a question.

Tim

?

If I were a knight, I would have met the Queen

Emeraldorc also makes videos for the community here:

it is good to share.

You could do the same, as anyone:it is up to

people to watch them or not, and decide if what

they see is useful or not.

Hello traders!

As suggested by members Lexy and Arbitrager,

I have served up a new offering for you on the topic

of ‘fundamentals’ and ‘technicals’!

See the appropriate new thread on this!

Feedback welcome!

Hey you know what my real answer is? “Philosophy of finance and business”. AKA “Logic of finance and business.” I think that is really what is needed out there.

-Adrian

Hello everyone!

Well, I hope that I have answered at least some of these topics…

The one suggested by Lexy, namely “What is it with the New Zealand Dollar anyway?”

has probably been covered by my numerous videos on Kiwi pairs like GBP/NZD, but if

you think, Lexy, that I have not, I will then look at the Kiwi Dollar specifically, perhaps.

I have not done a video on ‘scalping’, as suggested by FX-Man PipDiddy, as it really is

not something that I ever use, so I would have to go on a big learning journey that

could be better done by someone who actually trades in that way and has experience

of it.

However, there are other suggestions by a few forum members that I may use…

Please add your own to this thread, so that I may see what is the ‘topic du jour’

on your mind.

Thank you.

Happy Trading.

I’d like to see videos on:

• The trading state of mind and best practices.
  • Something around fundamental analysis related to non-economic events. Things like what kind of weight terrorism and the upcoming US presidential election have had on the markets and what to look for/avoid in those situations.
  • How to effectively implement a trailing stop/reversal. When to use it, how to get software like metatrader to execute it with a minimum of fuss.
  • I did see your comment on scalping. Perhaps you could venture into the learning and do videos documenting what you have learned, giving your opinion of the methods based on how you currently trade? Sort of a compare/contrast.

These are just things I’d like to see, I have no idea if you already have videos on these topics. I have the time today to do some learning so I’m going to go see if I can’t find your videos and check them out.

Hello Durranc, thank you! I certainly will take a look at the impact of non-economic events on price, historically…it sounds like a great theme!!

I like to know hedging with multi pairs if its possible You are great guy Thank you and appreciate what you write and do