I am looking for a mentor for fundamental analysis

I am looking for a mentor that can teach me fundamental analysis. Someone that can share screens with me about once a week.
I am beyond a newbie but have a lot to learn!
Thanks for any help.

Good to have a fundamental mentor. Lets see if anyone shows up.

What are you offering in return, i.e. how much do you want to pay? I am not interested in mentoring, but I was curious what this service is worth to you.

I’m not even remotely qualified, and have absolutely no services to offer, anyway, but I was wondering whether you’d seen Dirk DuToit’s book [I]Bird-Watching in Lion Country[/I]? I think it might interest you, and the last time I looked, one could download the first 100 pages or so, free, as a PDF, from the author’s website.

Regarding mentoring fees, alluded to in the post above, I think the relevant questions for you might include some consideration of whether you want your mentor to be a successful, active trader, what you think such a person’s income might be, and what a suitable hourly rate might be for such a service. I mention it only because of my suspicion that the “[I]caveat emptor[/I]” principle applies pretty strongly in the case of people who are apparently making their primary living from “mentoring” [I]rather than actually from trading themselves[/I]: sometimes the “low-cost mentors” need the mentees more than vice-versa, and one’s entitled to ask why such people are really looking for “online coaching clients”.

Any mentor worth their salt will be ready and willing to put you in touch with one or two previous/current mentees of whom you can ask questions about the service, rather than relying on “prepared testimonials” you can’t yourself [I][U]independently verify[/U][/I].

With no apologies for sounding a precautionary note, be aware that one of the biggest and most significant decisions aspiring traders make tends to be that of “by whom to choose to be guided”. :wink:

If he’s like most forex traders, more than likely he isn’t willing to pay anything. There seems to be a certain mentality that about 90% of forex traders have which is that you can get everything you need and aquire all the skills you need to become a multi million pound trader for free, and anybody offering services or selling a product is trying to scam you …as everything is available free.

it’s like someone walking into a university, not paying their course fee’s, not buying the reccomended books/reading list, and looking in through a window at the back of the class trying to learn that way, and STILL expecting to come away top of the class, and walk into a well paid job at the end.

yes, it’s possible that a select few [exceptionally bright and talented] pupils could pull this off. but the vast majority will fail, fail, fail.

If you can find a mentor who is making regular profits and has a good track record who is willing to spend 1 on 1 time with you, share screens with you and teach you the ropes then thats great, you are very lucky and should take advantage, but don’t by default expect it for FREE [like a lot of people here do]. If he asks for money, you should take a look at your finances and see if you can afford it [if it really means that much to you]. don’t be angry or hostile or start using words like “scammer” etc like most forex traders do…

Thanks for all of the feedback. Yes I am fine with paying as long as the person is qualified. He/She would need to be a successful trader. It seems most are willing to trade, but do not or cannot trade themselves.

The reason I am looking for a fundamental trader is just to get my feet wet, try to remove all the noise I need to learn.

Im not a professional technical trader but do know a lot more about that side of trading than Fundamentals.

I think I actually have a good system down that I have developed, but some of my trades get wiped out from new releases!