The Financial Times tweets false information 10 minutes prior to the ECB announcement

On Twitter, the Financial Times sticks its foot in its mouth.

Ten minutes before the ECB’s announcement of a further rate cut, the Financial Times tweeted that there would be no change in the rate.

The turmoil created by the false FT information is detailed in this article from Finance Magnates

Financial Times Roils Euro Markets Moments Before ECB Rates Decision

Interesting, Clint…

Why would the FT tweet something like that? For whose benefit?

I was wondering the same thing.

Maybe the Financial Times’ Twitter account was hacked.

Nope, no hack, they pre-canned the story, bit like us guys trying to cover all the bases, only seems some journalist (accredited to a certain Claire Jones) hit the button too quickly.

Claire, if it was you, we forgive you, you were on the right lines anyhow :slight_smile:

FT correction: Report on the ECB - FT.com

INterestingly, I saw/heard Claire Jones of the FT asking a question to Draghi

at the press conference on Thursday (I was watching it live on the ECB live stream channel)!

SHe had an excellent question and I think she is great!

Make him (=Draghi) sweat, I say!

:slight_smile:

Lol, Pipme, hope you are not encouraging Claire to make him sweat, cannot even contemplate how she would approach such an endeavour :slight_smile:

He was already made to sweat in April, but for different reasons… Remember this?

‘End ECB ■■■■-tatorship’: woman disrupts Draghi speech, throws paper at officials | Business | The Guardian

Yep, M Draghi has since issued a statement to the effect:

Tom Jones: stop throwing knickers, it’s just wrong - Telegraph

See you musicians …:slight_smile:

Dear God!

Well, at least confetti is more hygienic…

;p