Question: advertising on Babypips... why?

Hello peeps!

Recently, Babypips has been allowing these weird, slightly dubious third-party ads:

I am all for Babypips showing advertisements of legitimate products for traders

within the forum spaces, but I am not sure I understand this latest strategy…

I also find the pictures of objectified women within these ads quite s e x i s t …The main

issue, however, is that they are a trap for ‘green’ users who get sucked into the get-quick-rich myth.

It is no big deal, perhaps, however would someone from the admin/FX-(Wo)Men team like

to comment? What do the forum users think of this?

We all know that ‘it is a free world’, and advertising pays, but it feels like a cheapening of the

whole concept of keeping the forums free from misleading materials, which is a BabyPips strength.

Not a criticism - I would not dare - but certainly a personal reflection.

Thank you for listening.

Happy Trading.

Hi PMH,

I agree basically with you, I have those ads quite long, not sure when you saw them first. I also agree, BP (just like any other companies) has to earn money somehow, but the ads are maybe not the best with the mentality of the site.

However I do believe you might just be better off with your question if you write an email to the administrator then posting it here.

If you know something, share it with us :slight_smile:

FE

Hi FE, yes, you have a point, I will e.mail it to them directly too… Good suggestion.