ICT's million dollar trading plan

I was going through some old files and I found ICT’s original $1million trading plan. Oddly enough Feb 2016 is the month he was due to hit his target. Has anyone heard from him?

2 Likes

Michael Huddleston (ICT) is notorious for changing his lesson plans, after having announced them publicly. That’s not the way I would teach — but he’s ICT and I’m not.

For reasons known only to Michael, he decided to demonstrate various ways not to trade, using a demo account in MyFxBook. In addition to teaching some important lessons, like how to handle a major drawdown, he seems to have been motivated to taunt a group of trolls who have been “following” him on Twitter for a year, or more.

Again — that’s not how I would teach the ICT method, but it seems to suit Michael’s purposes.

He certainly attracted the attention he was seeking, when he deliberately trashed a $100,000 demo account — trading between 10 and 60 standard lots at a time — and finally bottoming out (in November 2015) at $8,000, or so. That was a 92% destruction of the initial demo account balance.

Then, in December, Michael announced that a new phase in the demonstration would begin: he would start with the decimated $8,000 account, and trade it, strictly following the trading rules he has taught.

And he promised consistent profits of 50% per month, with no losing months.

Since early December, when this recovery demonstration began, Michael has traded this account just as he promised.

Results for January 2016: +50.81% gain. Results (to date) for February 2016: +25.73% gain.

Here are some links, if you’re interested:

Michael’s MyFxBook demo account — ICT SimTrader System by AverageJoeToPro | Myfxbook

Twitter account — https://twitter.com/ICT_MHuddleston

Website — The Inner Circle Trader \ Home Page

Teaching videos — The Inner Circle Trader Tutorials

Youtube account — The Inner Circle Trader - YouTube

1 Like

Very odd way of doing things. I wonder why he is trading a demo account. Trading demo is very different to live.

Clint,

Didn’t he do something similar in 2011? I wasn’t around in 2015, but I recall that he trashed a demo as well at that time.

He was building up to a ‘run to a million’ myfxbook challenge, but it was stopped after two weeks when he lost a lot. I hadn’t heard from him since then. But you telling now he came back in 2015.

He certainly likes the attention. :slight_smile:

[Added later: Yup, same thing. After drawdown stating that he is now ready (after a major drawdown). A new twitter account also (was also the case at that time). As well as a new fxbook. :D] History repeating itself. :smiley:

This is something I could find atm: http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/48084-cult-leader-babypips.html?highlight=glgt. It seems that his challenge at that time was to go from 5K to 5M in one year.

Clint do u trade the ICT program

The guy is an attention seeking nutcase.

No doubt what he teaches works to some extent, but the way he goes about his business gaining blind n00bs following his every word and then ‘purposely losing’ to prove a point is disgusting. People lose their money following him but still people flock to tell him how amazing he is.

Sigh.

Imagine coming to babypips to ask about ICT lol yall are ■■■■■■■ noobs

1 Like

And you were never a new beginner? Born a trader were you Hero?

1 Like

My honest opinion.

Yes, he is an attention seeker but his concepts work.

People often in times they don’t get it and then they start blaming others for their own mistakes. m

My man when you put your mind to something are you doing your best or simply what you can? If you do your best his concepts will fall into place and then you’ll go to the otherside.

His concepts are not meant to be for the weak minded and the fast learners. It teaches you the most important thing in trafding PATIENCE.

People loose money because they are idiots and break the rules. If you don’t break the rules you’ll succeed with him. Just give it time

1 Like