Technical Trading course?

Hi guys,

Is there any technical trading courses or books you can recommend? I am swing trader and there are soo many resources out there. Just want to know you which ones have brought you success. The courses I have seen online are thousands of dollars and I don’t really want to spend thousands.

Thanks guys

School of Pipsology | Learn Forex Trading

If you truly know every single detail from that course, you will have plenty of basic knowlege to start writing your trading plan and strategy.

Good luck! :23:

If you understand the basics then hands-down the best info to be found on this site are the Technical Templates threads:

http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/6632-alternative-technical-templates.html

http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/19076-technical-templates-2-a.html

These threads really should be stickied. They’re not some holy grail systems but if you’re willing to use your brainbox they’ll give you a professional template which you can apply to good effect to all the main currencies.

Google these names:

Alan Andrews
Roger Babson
Tim Morge

I would start with everything free that you can find online, like what’s on this website. Hands down learn as much as you can about support and resistance, trendlines, and basic candlestick patterns. Indicators should be considered optional - there are many very good traders who use only raw price action, but some like indicators to add confirmation to their trades. Don’t blow a bunch of money on expensive courses - in my opinion you have to learn this business on your own as an independent thinker. Be skeptical of all the “gurus.” One book on basic classical technical analysis to start with is “Getting Started in Technical Analysis” by Jack Schwagger. There’s some old school systems trading stuff - but you will get the gist of all the basics you need to know. For more advanced TA - the Al Brooks books on Trends, Ranges, and Reversals are good, they have helped me as a trader - but they are dense and a lot of work to read. Bottom line - put in screen time, and study the crap out of the charts for yourself - as with music - learning theory provides foundation - but just because you read some theory doesn’t mean you can play the piano - you have to actually start hitting the keys and practice it.

What are you looking to learn specifically?
You’ve come to the right place, but now the hard part begins (and doesn’t ever really stop)…You need to figure out what strengths you maintain as an individual and how you can apply those to trading.

Elliot Wave (very flexible, you can become a swing trader, intraday trader, even scalper)
Why i reccommend this? because in my point of view a lot of strategy can be seen using Elliot wave.
(pattern, advanced pattern, Bill William alligator, etc)

Basically Fibonacci with support and resistance.

Thanks,

Those templates are very similar to what I am looking for.

Do you use any of these systems?

There’s a ton of free material on the web that go over these aspects of trading.
Make a 200-300$ investment on highly rated books on Amazon and read up on the markets first.

Do yourself a favor and get ahead of the crowd who is lazy and looking for a shortcut.
Just as in life, when it comes to learning how to trade you’re only going to get out what you put in.

Half-ass it, and you’ll end up like the majority of traders- in the red.

Not really half-assing it as I have been trading for a year and a half. I have read around 4 books, I am looking to expand my knowledge.

Hai, just want to share my personal experience with you.
2 or 3 years ago i was following dozen of famous seminar and read dozen of books. i spend a ridiculously amount of money to learn. more or less about $30.000.
Well Most of them just teach the same like i saw in babypips so I consider most of the seminars and books did not worth it.
But the good things is - I never blow up my account.

But my money that I investing on Learning seminar did not go to waste, at least at the last moment it direct me to A great teacher and trader. I end up Learning from person that i know from one of the FOREX forum.
and He is not even famous. but he do can teach by example. What i think right now that there is a lot of famous seminars and books did not teach well but one thing i know for sure, They Famous because They do have Great Marketing Division and Ability.

In my opinion, Elliot wave is working for me. and you should put Elliot wave as your reference.
You don’t need to trust me - but please be sure to check and learn this principle.
I know it is hard to understand Elliot Wave, But It will help you a lot.
I learn Elliot wave from books, youtube, forums, you name it. and i spend 6 month with a mentor Learning calculating the waves in the chart everyday.

Good Luck:)

I could not refrain from commenting. Perfectly written!
I will right away take hold of your rss as I can not find your e-mail
subscription hyperlink or e-newsletter service.
Do you’ve any? Kindly permit me know so that I may just subscribe.
Thanks.

Many thanks!

Youtube!!!

The majority of people who ask for money in exchange for lessons end up shilling their own strategy instead of teaching you how to form your own.

Combination of trial and error plus watching/reading up about other peoples strategies is a great way to come into your own.

This!!!

I once had to kill time in a different part of town so I went to the local library and decided to investigate their collection of finance books. I flipped through 3 different books about forex and they were more or less the exact same things you would find at the free Babypips school.

I looked at the MSRPs on the books and they ranged from 70$ to 110$ CAD!!! Kind of want to write a letter to my local city councilor to tell them to stop wasting taxpayer money on these rip off books.

I’m with Dutchtrader. Go thru the entire School of Pipsology. Takes you step by step, with review, tests, etc. I also like learntotradethemarket.com. with Nial Fuller. Keeps it simple. But you have to decided what you want - day trading, swing trading, LT…find what you’re comfortable with and go with it.

Go naked. Without indicators that is. Let the charts talk to you. Technical analysis has only been devised to confuse.

I liked Nial fuller my self. I trade following his method, but I do add up some of my own teaks in my trading method. Main method is same like Nial fuller’s.