How do you trade asian session?

I live in the worst place for forex trading - USA. I work during the day and the only time I have for trading is asian session, which is the worst. Most of the moves during asia are fake and I feel like there is only one single way to trade it. Scalping on 5min or 1min. I don’t think there is any other way to trade asia.

For the people who trade asian session, what type of strategies do you use?

To me London session suits . I try to trade in London ans New York Session mostly .It is no issue what session is going on you have to set your time schedule what suits you according to your time zone. A good trader can pick good market move any time.

I prefer the London and New York sessions as well because I am usually too sleepy to trade during the Asian session. As for how to actually trade them - that depends on the currency pairings you trade, rather than the actual session during which you trade.

Mm it does depend, which pairs you trading?

I don’t know, I don’t think I do anything different. I trade it like any other session – if I see a good signal, I open a position. That’s about it.

I find the Asian session is a little slower for the first 4 hours but still scalp the 5 / 15 min chart.

I use the CCI indicator set at 14 (default 20) and open buys (on reversal) when its below the -200 / 250 and sell (on reversal) when it passes above the +200 / 250. Open a chart add the CCI draw in the 200’s and back test it…

I also use an EMA Strategy of 10 / 15 / and 50 (for trend direction) and buy when the 10 crosses above the 15 and sell when the 10 moves below the 15 with superior results when the market is trending up or down.

I run the trades with a 40k (20k when unsure) position, 7 pip SL (on all pairs) for 4 - 6 pips TP depending on volatility. I also run a 4 pip mental stop if I have traded the wrong direction. 10 trades per 24 hour period.

As for preferred pairs I use a mix of majors, minors, euro and asian… but it changes… in October Gold/USD was working well, by November the USD/JPY made great profit but by December it was harder to profit. I also stay away from the exotics, commodities and the CHF…

Still haven’t even looked at binaries, futures, options or the various oils.

2 simple strategies which are profitable if manged correctly.

1 Like