The secret to successful trading?

Yeah, unless and until you don’t have enough confidence in your trades, never trade with large amount. First you need to practice your trades with small amounts.

Maybe the exact opposite, actually: probably better not to trade with a large amount unless and until you [B][U]DO[/U][/B] have enough confidence in your trades, really? :wink:

Indeed, we can say that good money management is the secret to successful trading. If you are meddling with you risk amount per trade, then you cannot make progress with your trading.

In trading there isn’t one secret to doing it well.
It’s a hard skill that has many aspects to learn and master, once you’ve mastered all these you’re still susceptible to losing money.
It’s important to find a metric for measuring success other than the money you make, many people get lucky and make a killing in a short period of time, only to lose that money just as quickly if not faster.
Sometimes people make a huge amount over 2 years and feel they are successful, then they lose it in a month or less.

Game is hard. Keep learning and always be afraid.

You said right that money management is key point that pays an important role in success . If a trader knows how he has o use his capital and how to manage trading he can do good in trading. I must say without money management no one can be successful.

Really a food for thought, being simple is the key to success in the market. I will do well to check out that link myself.

The true secret.
Never give up. Once you do that, your chances of success drop a little bit. eh! maybe down to zero! :26:
The next true secret.
Go learn something NEW today!

The only secret is that you need to practice a lot. With practice you could improve your trades and you could become successful.

There is no secret - one just has to study and practice trading and they will see how they will gradually improve.

Yeah, exactly, there is nothing we could do to improve our trades than to get knowledge and experience and skill and for that we need lots and lots of practice.

Indeed, there is no short cut to success in forex trading. You have to spend time in learn all the aspects you need to correctly execute your trading strategy.

You are right mate! In my opinion Discipline is the rule #1 for successful trading and a good plan the #2. But have in mind that a good plan is not working forever. You need to be open for new ideas and keep evolving by learning new things. and of course… no one is forcing you to open a position if you do not see a clear move coming.

It’s a very good idea mate. As many investors have said “time is money”! :slight_smile:

Yeah, there are many ways to learn about the Forex Trading, and learning is the only key to become successful in Forex Trading.

I think that there is no universal secret that could work for everyone. But being persistent and have a solid discipline definitely helps a lot. I always prefer to keep things simple also as sometimes we could get confused by using too many features. There are no shortcuts in trading. If you become enough experienced, keep things simple and consistent like a machine, it might be considered as sort of a shortcut because it will save a lot of time. Luck could be a factor as well but many people think that we are building our own luck. I think that hard work helps luck to strike us more often :smiley:

Yeah, we need knowledge and experience and skills to survive in Forex Trading, you need to learn that and for that you need to have many practices.

Yes you are saying right .Knowledge is a power that give you support to learn do and make skill. It is necessary to remain live in forex market. A successful traders knows when and how he has to perform in forex market. He also manages his accounts effectively.

The secret is the practice, practice makes men perfect and thus we need to have lots of practice to become successful in Forex Trading.

No amount of practice will make one’s trading perfect, but it can improve it significantly, as long as we learn from our mistakes, rather than repeat them over and over again.

Success in forex is similar to an overweight person trying to lose weight. Are you willingly to pay the 10,000 hours price to achieve?