Obtaining live 24/5 related market data for perspective

I’ve become a fan of Anna Coulling’s writings on forex trading and lately, I’ve been trying to pull together live data from instruments such oil, gold, various stock indexes, bonds, etc, and get them streamed live into my NinjaTrader platform in order to have perspective while I am trading forex. I discovered that pretty much I would have to go the route of subscribing to kinetick in order to get the data live, where I could see it as it unfolds on my charts alongside the currency pairs I am scalping. However, as I’ve gotten into this, I’ve realized there is a f*ck ton more to it than I first imagined. Just as far as figuring out which exchanges you need to subscribe to, and even how to search for an instrument, and then what the heck is that instrument even showing you. But worse than that, I did not realize that most instruments–and especially index instruments, such as the VIX or the S&P 500 are only running during the business hours of the exchange they are listed on, so they only cover you for part of the trading day. And when you start searching futures contracts to try and get something that is 24/5, there are so many options, it will make your head spin.

I guess I’m just wondering, do many of you use live data in the manner I am describing and what route did you take with setting that up, and/or what funds/indexes/futures are your favorites that you feel gives a good pulse on the various sides of the market and are available most of the week? I am just trying to make some headway with this without my brain exploding.

Thanks in advance!
Michael