2 Months of Trading, losing 20% of port

Hey all, I just started trading 2 months ago. I was lucky enough to have a coach in coaching me on trading. I’d really learnt something from him, strategies, psychologies etc. In the first month I actually earned 5% of my port, but then things get cheeky in the last month, all my trades they gone sideway. I radically checked all indicatiors, price action, and even asked my other trading partners before going for it, I’m also always aware of all the news impact that’s gonna come soon. Still in the last month, of 20 trades I lost 17, causing me to lose 20% of the port. I was able to control my thoughts and emotion so I wouldn’t trade with feelings. But the loss accumulated now really just makes me feel frustrated. I know it’s only 2 months, but I envy some of those who are new can earn with really minimum loss for the first month and successfully snowball till now, for myself losing is inevitable but I’d need to know if it was me that made any mistake or its just the market that doesn’t want me to win. Any advices are welcomed, cheers! :blush:

I think the problem is probably with your position-sizing.

Currency-pairs tend to be fairly correlated. For myself, I never expose more than a total of 1% of my account to risk at any one time. If 17 trades represents 20% of your account, then it sounds as if your position-sizing is maybe something in the order of 20 times what it should be?

I’m wondering why you decided to have 20 trades all open at the same time? (That’s another way of pointing out the same problem, really, given the correlations?).

It [I][U]may[/U][/I] be that there’s nothing wrong with your trade selection, in other words: we all have losing trades. It’s probably the size that’s the big issue, here, I think?

Yeah, it seems like over-leverage. You control your leverage with the size of your position in relation to account size.