Maintenance margin requirements (MMR) returning to normal

Hello peeps!

I just notice that FXCM have now started downgrading their Brexit-vote margin requirements

at the US daily close today; for example:

GBP/USD is at 10.00, where it had been raised to 60.00;

GBP/NZD is at 20.00.

While these are still elevated compared to normal trading conditions, and

the FTSE100 still has a MMR of 70.00, it is clear that they indicate a respite

in broker nervousness, and a sign that in the eyes of the market participants

the worst of the danger is over, at least for now.

That’s right, PMH. I posted about this in our announcements thread, and you should also have received an email from us with the same information: 301 Moved Permanently

[B]Please Note[/B]: In case market conditions become very volatile, we could raise margin requirements further. Please monitor your usable margin (Usbl Mr) closely, making sure it stays above zero. We recommend a usable margin that’s at least 80% of your account equity (usable margin plus used margin).

Remember that forex trading can result in losses that could exceed your deposited funds and therefore may not be suitable for everyone, so please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.

Thank you, Jason,

punctual as ever!

I have survived ‘Brexit’ so far, but it is still all up in the air… I do wonder what will happen next…

I’m still of the very strong belief that global markets are in for a correction on a magnitude of order we can’t imagine in comparison to the GCF. All of the indicators I look @ are signalling doom.

[B][I]HOWEVER[/I][/B]

As professional retail traders, we fully know, that there is one part of the trading equation that is damn-near impossible to nail down consistently ([B]TIMING[/B]!). We cannot time the markets!

The idea is to position yourself @ levels you feel comfortable getting in @, knowing full-well where you’ll need to get out [U]if complacency remains[/U].

Brexit was just a blip, essentially a non-event if you really think about it. Most markets (aside from GBP-denominated FX pairs) have snapped back and are offered where they were pre-Brexit.

This crash is going to be fueled by the failed political experiments called QE-infinity and negative rates.

Someone very near-and-dear to my heart has been screaming in my ear since last year that the FED would never raise rates in 2016, and, in fact they’d move to cut rates and potentially even introduce QE4.

Grab a new cup, b/c the punch-bowl is looking like it’ll be replenished.

Jake - The Boss.

“The idea is to position yourself @ levels you feel comfortable getting in @, knowing full-well where you’ll need to get out [U]if complacency remains[/U].”

Quite right… I am really appreciating this, and holding the same trades for nearly a year I really got to know how the ebbs and flow of markets work… because you do not forget levels when you watch the same pairs day in, day out…

"Brexit was just a blip, essentially a non-event if you really think about it. "

I agree with this also… Equities have recovered almost their entire move, but, as you say, a big correction is indeed due… and the issue of timing is the ‘holy grail’ of trading…

The Fed experiment is totally insane, although it was a great experiment at that, and it had its merits - who am I, sitting here with my little retail head, to pass judgement on people who would run me to the ground in terms of financial knowledge and expertise? If i could dine with anyone on the planet, it would be Yellen: I would love to pick her brain on so much that is happening in the world, from a financial point of view… and I would not be disappointed, i am sure… but the QE is definitely had its course and banks are running out of ammunition the world over (Boj, ECB, SNB… need I say more?)

I’d pump the brakes, F- you’re honestly giving these central bankers WAY too much credit.

Yes, they have the educational accolades and prestige of their positions, but, that doesn’t mean they’ll be “right” in the “long run”.

Quite…

Goodnight… I am away to dream of Yellen, Kuroda, and Draghi… 8-O

I’m with you, Jake. No matter how smart any individual is, he or she cannot centrally plan an economy.

Brexit Is A Bear Stearns Moment, Not A Lehman Moment…Yet

Excellent posts…

Here is my own touch … an older thread

http://forums.babypips.com/forextown/76484-what-heck-quantitative-easing.html