FreeFX fiftieth video: "My year in the markets, July 2015 - 2016"

Hello peeps!

After holding some trades for an entire year (take or leave a week or so),

I decided that it was a valuable exercise to publicly reflect on my experience

through this period, by making this the topic of my fiftieth video in the FreeFX

series, a special-feature video looking at a number of topics, such as:

1. reasons for entering the chosen trades;

2. fundamentals and technicals;

3. the emotional and psychological aspects of position (long-term) trading;

4. managing long-term trades, risk, and drawdown;

5. projection of profit targets over yearly or half-yearly spans;

6. coping with managing, not trading;

7. using resources outwith forex charts to gauge market sentiment.

I hope that you will find this helpful, or interesting, or just …entertaining!

Leave comments, ask questions, etc.

I will try to put in timings for the video, but if not feel free to randomly skip

forward and see what happens later in the video!

You have all been great company and conversation partners through this time

and I am dedicating this video to all of you!

Here is the link:

Hi, Im just over 20 minutes into your video. I think you must have Balls of Stainless Steel on your Kiwi trade.
Looking forward to the rest of the video

Just finished. Kudos buddy, great video.

I owe you one…Knowing that you have watched this epic(!) video means I can die happy :stuck_out_tongue: It is great to share this journey…

I look forward to many more ‘Balls of Steel’ months ahead, and much exchanging of ideas with your good self!

Thanks again for watching!!

I thought the analogy between University and long term trading was a good one, might borrow that in the future :slight_smile:

The university of trading ;p

Bumping up :slight_smile:

…and one final time…

… that it is of benefit to as many people as possible for a few weeks, possibly…

I am sorry if I keep bumping it up without shame, but as nobody much seems

to have replied on this thread, I have no alternative :slight_smile:

If you enjoyed/hated/etc. this video, please (PLEASE) leave a comment on

the YouTube channel itself or here, because it really helps me…

You might say: “It is too much work”… I know, everyone wants feedback, right?

Sure enough, so do I :slight_smile: Without feedback, though, I could be making the most

irrelevant/boring/unhelpful videos ever made on forex issues, therefore it helps

to know that I am not just doing this for myself :slight_smile:

Thanks for watching and do leave comments :slight_smile:

Bye for now!

Final bump up… :slight_smile:

Hi PipMeHappy.
I think the length of some of your videos might put some off watching them. Its well documented that attention spans are getting shorter generation by generation, may be worth breaking down into bite-size chunks if that’s possible.

I agree, and the YouTube stats tell me that the average viewing for my videos is around 15mins… On one of my last ones I listed timings for the various parts of the video,so I may add those more frequently. Other professional videos on trading tend to be about 20 mins.on average, with special ‘Webinar’ style ones spanning up to 50-75mins. I like the latter format because i can delve into more topics.

The ‘beginner series’ videos I made were shorter but I just seem unable to reach a wider audience, so I think my exposure (as well as my format) could be an.issue; again, hardly anyone of those who watch bother to leave comments, which I can understand but it leaves me unable to know what the viewers are thinking… I get the odd ‘like’ but that is it… Here as well, hardly anyone bothers… It is like a silent army of ghosts,watching but leaving no trace haha

GhostTraders, now that would be a mighty name.for a.hedge fund :slight_smile:

Thanks, Eddie… I will put timings into my videos from now on, as it seems that I am unable to.make short pieces, just like with my musical compositions :slight_smile:

Someone’s already beaten you to the ghost traders name
www.ghosttraders.com: Home page