Long Term Trades

I think I’m going to move to long term trend trading the 3 - 6 month horizon. The prices usually move 000’s of pips with seemingly lower volatility so that a well positioned trade might capture all my Stop Loss risk in 80 or so pips.

I’ve just been reading through the UK inflation report for the first time in a long while - which annoyingly, yet again another source itemised precisely the impact on Cable in the event of a Brexit win. I think fundamentals are the key to predictably profitable trading and overall peace of mind; given the wealth of available data and easily calculable cause and effect relationships in the fundamental factors affecting any given currency pair.

The lower timeframes are too noisy; you spend most of your time effectively trying to guess when client (or market participant) orders are coming in with absolutely no order flow visibility, trying to ride or play the technical volatility that those orders create.

Good luck, you’re certainly not alone

What are your thoughts on USDCAD for 3-6 months out?

You should watch my FreeFX video from today (see thread by that name), if you want to get a sense of what it is like to trade long-term…

Hey, I am just looking at this pair now too, with EURUSD & CADCHF also as potentials. I will get back to you in a few days with a view, although on inspection it looks bullish

Long term trading is in fact the real method of forex trading. But holding a position for weeks or months is not very profitable in forex market on regular basis. You have to lock some profit or close some portion of your position and keep the rest open for further gain.