Auto Trading vs. Manual Trading

I personally made much more profit out of Autotrading though maybe it was just lack of my manual trading skills.

How were your experiences?

Do you prefer auto trading or manual trading?

I am not suck lucky to make profits with automated trading . I got 2 times high profit but after that I face great loss. Then I decide never to depend on robot trading , Now I am happy with manual trading that is controlled by me . I can decide good for my investment.

The decision to trade manually or automatically is difficult for one to take. Both has their pros and cons. Auto trading is a way of trading where buy and sell orders are placed automatically through a computer program and automatically submitted to exchange or market. In Auto trading you don’t have to watch the market continuously, if any change in the market occurs system will respond by executing either sell or buy order depending upon the situation occurred. Plus you can use tested and proven strategies for good results.
Unlike in manual trading, person can think and mould his trading strategy towards favourable opportunity or save from a loss, act towards an event in a way he wants, auto trading do not offer such facility. So both has their positive and negative points, a trader can choose based upon his trading style and requirements.

Are you still continuing in making this profit from auto trading or was it just a short period of time that you made money from it?

Hi all!
From my experience with auto trading I can say that it is a good start for traders who are still beginners. However, if you are sophisticated trader most probably you won’t be using any expert advisors and you will be making your trading decisions alone. There are some strategies which goes best with some expert advisors available out on the market – for example if you are doing scalping you could have better results using a EA rather than manually opening and closing your positions.

One thing I have seen that makes new traders rush to auto trading as well as copytrading is the impatience to master a trading system and manage feelings.

I prefer to trade manually, and don’t like to use some robots, It grabs the control from us and it would be good to trade with our own will.

Auto trade is awesome if you can find proper traders. But not many of them last long there. Also there are a lot of “traders” who earn only on subscriptions, they faking results ( for example never close losing trades to get high statistic). Just do reserach what fit you most

I think both are not bad, but we have to seriously consider the disadvantages of auto trading before we venture. If we can handle it, then we are good to go!

Auto Trading is a scam. No way anyone can be profitable with auto trading.

Manual trading is tough. Requires many years of experience to be consistently profitable.

This is always my own instinctive reaction, too. That’s (at the very least) the overwhelming probability, unless and until proven otherwise.

I’d say “No way any [I]normal, retail trader without access to a research department and extensive institutional experience[/I] can be profitable with auto trading”, but I think that’s probably more or less what you meant, really. (Let’s not deny that some kinds of automated arbitrage trading, for example, can be profitable for financial institutions.)

Exactly so.

From what I experience, most people who are successful traders, generally use EA’s. Algo trading I feel won’t give you gray hair. You just set the EA, check back next week/ month. Just make sure your EA notifies you when you made a profit or a loss or every time it trades. Since Algo training takes the emotion and greed out of trading, you seem to be better off. On top of that imagine the losses you occur because you “thought” the pair was set up enough even though you set your self exact requirements for a trade then ended up losing. Then you say if only I waited for x and x to happen like I said I will. Why did i even take that trade. That’s all self destructive trading that damages your mind along with your trading account.

Different, here (we must know very different people, and have very different experience): from what I experience, [B][U]no[/U][/B] “people who are successful traders” use EA’s. And there are reasons for that.

Greetings my experiences with auto trading are mixed like my semi-auto and manual ones are.

There is no difference really, like there is no substantive difference between clicking a button on a computer screen or calling a broker to enter that trade for you. The important thing is the actual strategy behind your trades rather than the medium through which you execute them.

In the whole programming is a useful skill to have that gives you an advantage in many ways, you can data mine more easily, create, test and improve your strategies; you can remove the psychology element, you can trade all times of the day when the market is open, your program never gets tired,your program can search multiple pairs simultaneously for the right opportunities etc…

Program trading is not inherently good or bad as compared to manual trading. But I suppose it depends on your programming skills and what you’re trying to do. I would say you can probably do most of the things you do trading manually with an EA if you are a proficient programmer; but only being able to trade manually reduces your options.

If you can write a reasonably good EA my guess would be that you could also manual trade as well if you wanted to, but not necessarily the other way around.

I wanted to inscribe my thoughts on this on a stone tablet but couldn’t figure out how to get it in front you and the number of people that may read it here.

I prefer to trade manually, I don’t like to use such bots as they grab hold the control from our hands and that I don’t like at all.