Bad luck or Bad Trading?

There is nothing like Bad Luck, the only thing that is the reason for your failure is the wrong trade. It would be the only thing that would matter.

This game is not so simple as you make out.

You can open and run a good trade but the market does something that was not probable but nevertheless possible, and you are stopped out.

Or, you can open a good trade but then run it badly so it becomes a loser.

Neither is down to bad luck I agree - but neither were the wrong trades.

Indeed … and a neat example of why the concept of “wrong trades” is a good deal more complicated than many forum conversations typically disclose. (Not a subject to discuss with people who imagine that “a good trade” and “a good entry” are much the same thing! :slight_smile: ).

Nothing is like there as bad luck and the trading cannot be bad, as it is non living, the only thing bad here is your decision. You need to learn that whatever you lose, you lose it because of your decision.

Are you really saying that all trades that lead to a loss are because of poor execution by the trader?

I am saying that whether you gain or loss, and even when you do it with broker, and if you lose, the only responsible person for that would be you.

If luck has to do something with forex trading, then there would be a lot more winners than there are. If you are not trading well then improve your strategy, don’t blame on your luck.

As you know that majority of people that are entering forex market are losing. As they gain experience they start making money from forex. So this proves that luck has a minor effect on a trader’s success.

Its bad luck to encounter market situation when your strategy fail. It bad trading when you continue to use the same strategy to trade the market. Take a break and rest or do some light demo trading to regain confidence.

I totally agree, we can never rely on luck. Its true sometimes we get fortunate or unfortunate, it doesn’t mean it is luck. Things happen we can’t just control, such is life. Dealing with them shows the strength of wisdom.

Luck has nothing to do with the Forex Trading. You need to have lots of practice if you wanna become successful in Forex Trading.

Without luck you won’t make it to practice, your laptop will explode when your cup of coffee gets knocked over by your next door neighbours cat who crept through the window which doesn’t shut properly because the locking mechanism in the handle jammed when you hit it with a hammer because you couldn’t find a screwdriver the first time you had problems with it the Tuesday before your car got stolen.

I’m hanging onto my luck, thank you very much!

Interesting “logic”, there. :o

(How about “If luck had something to do with roulette, then there would be a lot more winners than there are”? )

You are expecting too much…

Sounds like living in a Tom Waits song.

There is not influence of Luck on the trading, everything is based on the traders decision and the market situation.

Your opinions change from thread to thread and from moment to moment …

Bad trading had more chances of loss than bad luck because we can correct our mistakes but not know when luck or bad luck is with us.Bad trading ever counts even in favorable circumstances it can be a cause of loss.

I think that occasionally traders do end up being unlucky (or lucky, for that matter) and [B]sometimes[/B] that does have an influence on their end result, even if their trading was reasonable for what they they saw on the chart. Trading is not an exact science, surprises and poor luck, indeed, are possible. The point is to learn enough about how to trade so as to minimize the effect of both as much as possible.

Traders with loss feel they are unlucky but I thin they were not good in trading. They did not do right trading decisions. there were many mistakes they need to overcome . They were working with bad trading. I must say they should accept it and effort more to know actual trading systems