100% returns a year?

How much would a system that can produce 100% returns a year be worth?

You couldn’t put a price on it, the goose that lays golden eggs

I think you’re misleading yourself, at least to some extent, by conceiving of a “system” that will produce a specified return, objectively, regardless of its user’s experience, education and skill-set. “Systems” don’t really produce specified returns: the traders who use them do. It’s rather a widespread misconception.

I was just giving an approximate number of what it has produced past 2-3 years. It is actually above 100% i was just giving a rounded number.

Know of any big investors, hedge funds, or banks that would be interested? lol

In the 1990’s, [I]Crédit Suisse[/I] leased one from its inventors (who were a group of professors and scientists mostly from the University of New Mexico) for an initial $100,000 per month plus a share of monthly returns.

There’s rather an interesting book about it (by Thomas Bass, if you want to look for it).

There are many financial corporations who employ PhD graduates on six-figure salaries to assess and evaluate such software.

As you can perhaps imagine, their standards of assessment are somewhat on the rigorous side.

I hope you’ll excuse the observation that “BabyPips” forum might be rather an unusual place to find one, though.

I feel it is quite difficult to gain 100% success per year. It can be easy after making much practice and when you are able to maintain your profitable performance. I surely say an average trader hardly gains 10% monthly from forex . Rest of the profit depends on luck , May be he can make 200% return from his investment.

Who the hell wants to sell such system? If there is such one. Traders make the money from markets, not “systems”. Believe it or not, I had a year when I had 170% return, and it wasn’t due to any system, but a fusion of luck and my slight experience.

All systems fail one day. Markets are too alive and unpredictable to obey to a single limited system in a long time.

of course you sell it to the people who can put it to use. -that means if you have a system that creates returns.

simple math: 10.000 x 100% and every year the profits reinvested and traded with: 10 Years = 10,2 million

sell it to a fund or bank which concentrates on 20% a year with a capital of 1 billion over ten years and you get 10% commition: FIRST YEAR = 20 million for the system creator, second year 22 million… in ten years combined commitions = 250 million…

and… noone prohibits you to use ur own system next by providing it to someone who pays you - for your own purposes. = double earning.

so why would someone not sell his system to the right hands if he got a system that makes money?

Why dont you put it into use? Why sell it? Use your system to manage accounts, make your own money, dont share your system, keep it to yourself. With such a system, you shouldn’t have a difficult time finding investors. With the few first investors the word will spread out and they will be looking for you.

I believe it’s completely possible. Sometimes I like to view competition leaderboards to see how well people do. When I came across this. Tallinex. Statement: 348102 - Ld Newby The number one guy made a 20,000 percent gain on a demo account. Of course, it’s demo but he explains his strategy experience and so on. What he said was he made 97% of his trades were on that EA which made 98% profit. On his low freq scalper, 2% was his news scalper that made 2%, lastly he made 4 manual trades that had a hit rate of 25% and were his biggest losses. I’m now convince anything other then algorithmic trading is absurd.

The crazy part was, it was in a little over 30 days…

Actually from my experience is like this= you can make 100% return in 1 year, and also for 3 days, 1 week, even a day. All depends on you, in your head

Dont be impressed by that, it would be impressive if he could sustain this over 12 months on a live account.
but of course that wont happen, we both know that

Completely worthless. Stay away from the trader with this kind of result. A total waste of time to engage that trader.

A half a million in around 30 days time? What’s the point of even trading for the rest of the year? lol

I can agree and also disagree. No system is perfect and when the trading landscape changes the system is worthless. Might as well profit while you can. If you look at a lot of accounts that are PAM or things like zulutrade. A lot of the traders do have early on success because at that moment the EA is working great. Eventually their results are stagnet. No real gains or losses.

You just don’t get it. He may have entered dozens of competitions, blowing his account time after time, but this time he got lucky. You don’t get extra chances with real money, once its gone its gone

It all depends on your deposit :slight_smile: you can make 100% a day using small account as there is no big deal to blown it or double it. When you operate huge capital, even 5%/month can be considered as huge gain.

It would be worth as much as you sold it for…to you at least:59:. If you had a system producing 100% returns per year, then you should be a trillionaire now. How’s it feel having that much money, Bill of the future?:35:

If you had a system that made that much, for what reason would you sell it? I mean, if I had it, I’d be making more money using it than selling it, as how many clients do you think could afford it, especially when you’re the richest person in the world? It doesn’t sound logical, and it would close the market basically; at least in my opinion. After the market is closed, you’d be sued, as it wouldn’t be able to produce 100% success rate after that.:46:

It is possible but on small account.