How to find a local forex community

I love the world of Forex and I would love to meet like minded individuals. However, even though the retail trading world is accessible to all, forex trading still seems to be an extremely niche area of retail trading. I love learning about all sorts of investing and I am always able to find local communities for real estate, stocks, financial planning and whatsoever, but I cannot for the life of me, ever find any forex communities. Whenever I join local investment meetups or investment talks, I can never find anyone who knows anything about forex or is even interested in it.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Babypips and the wealth of knowledge I can tap into, across thousands of members, but there is still nothing compared to a face to face interactive conversation.

I live in Denver, Colorado and I’m making a move to San Jose, California. Any tips one how to turn over the right stones and find these elusive forex communities?

thanks!

Try Meetup.com for the area. I didn’t expect to find a group in my area but was pleasantly surprised and will be attending my first meet up with them next Sat! Excited to talk to real people rather than reading my way thru the mire :slight_smile:

Safe travels on your move!

That is the first place I tried. Can’t find any groups for forex

Thanks!

Some trading forums also have folders/sections for such purposes.

I suppose it’s also possible that local “Chambers of Commerce” may be able to put people in touch with local traders (but less sure about this suggestion, since the ones you’re wanting to meet are probably all/mostly self-employed/independent?).

Local “Rotary Clubs” and similar places might also be worth approaching (but maybe only if you’re interesting in joining)?

I think some towns also have various kinds of “social clubs” intended specifically for self-employed business people, and there might be independent/retail traders among their members.

You can contact to country manager of any broker to find local forex community. They will guide you to contact IB or good traders. It is also easy to join forums where you can search what people are working from your local community in forex business.

In my experience finding local traders, it’s best to start on sites like these. You will find a thread on your city with a few posts on it. Start up a conversation, help each other out. Soon as you get a momentum going, someone can set a meetup for the group at a local bar.

Just as an opinion, did you try searching on Facebook? Usually in all of the big cities there are groups related to forex…

I live in Colorado and I’m trying to learn forex. Could we meet or speak?

I live in Colorado would mind us speaking or meeting regarding forex?

I live in Colorado could w emery and discuss the topic?

It’s very difficult, unless it’s just an acquaintance or a close friend. because a trader is sometimes like a tiger, “in a forest there cannot be 2 tigers” :grin: