Taking That Big Step (While Keeping My Day Job)

Hi all,

I am a full-time employee of a multinational corporation and an avid investor in equity, bonds and ETFs.
I am getting decent returns from my investments (10-15% per annum, including dividends and net of admin/brokerage fees).

I have been a longtime fan of the liquidity that the forex markets provide, but have been hesitant with forex because of the inherent risks. I still am cautiously optimistic with forex (keeping my forex capital outlays at around 10% of my total portfolio).

I am trading off a small account with an EA I wrote last year, and I have been tracking the progress of the account diligently. I am to achieve 3-5% on average per month. Truth be told, my end goal is to achieve complete financial independence through my entire investment portfolio, and I believe forex may play a big part in this.

If I could achieve just 5% per month (and I strongly believe that is possible), with a large enough base, I should be able to live comfortably for the rest of my life (while having time for other aspects of life, or even another full-time job).

My performance for February (11 trading days so far) has been stellar - 11.88% so far:

To be conservative, I aim to achieve just 3-5% a month over the long run.

I am writing this post because I am a firm believer of achieving your goals by taking smalls steps, one at a time. Forex and equity investments are my stepping stones to financial independence. I am thrilled to share the beginning of an exciting journey I am embarking on, and you can too!

Let’s shoot for the stars, everyone!