Add downloaded indicators to MT4 is this safe?

Hallo i i am using MT4 and i want to add some extra indicators on my platform .
I ve download them , i have use them on a demo account (not to my main PC thought)
My main PC has may real account and to install smt i want to be extra sure that is safe from any scam programs like keylogers,troyans etc… i am using antivirus and protection ofc but i want an expert opinion.

So my question is :slight_smile:
Is it safe to add downloaded indicators to MT4 ?
( i am not talking about techical analysis safety )

Thanks
George

I think it’s a very good and relevant question, George. I don’t know the answer, but I’ll be watching with interest to see who does, because I remember reading a report on some forex-trading website which had done a survey of the safety of [B][U]free[/U][/B] downloads for Mt4 (indicators and EA’s) and claimed that a [I][U]very large[/U][/I] proportion of them included some kind of malware. As I remember, they were recommending at least scanning everything very carefully with several different things, or avoiding them altogether. I’m surprised, actually, reading your question and remembering reading that somewhere, that this isn’t asked/discussed here more often. Sorry not to know enough to offer a real answer, though. :8: