Anybody Trade Pivot Points?

Greetings,

I think I have been able to identify Pivot Points on the M5 Candle but am not sure how to trade the information.

The Pivot points have been identified as periods where there is above average volume and very low volatility; many offerers and takers but near static price movement… the market is at a temporary price equilibrium point.

Specifically on the M5 Candle these points are:

Volume in 12 > Average M5 Volume for the Month [B]and [/B]Volatility (ATR) in 12 < Average Volatility M5 for the month - 3 Sigma

But this tells me nothing about the likely direction of travel to the next price equilibrium point.

Anybody Trade Pivot Points that could help out.

Hi ropunzel
Sorry i cant help as im new to trading. You’ve had over 380 views i see! So either none of the members use pivot points or they just cant be bothered to help you.Hell, i thought these forums were a place ppl could go to,among other thing, exchange information…without necessarily having to trawl through the years of q&a’s.
Good luck.

Hi ropunzel - these are not something I use but what might be a little confusing is your reference to volume - I hadn’t thought pivot points took any account of volume (which is surely a little bit of a problem in forex anyway?). Same goes for ATR: I didn’t think pivot points were a function of ATR.

On top of which you reference monthly volume and monthly ATR: very few people on this site seem to ever express any interest in any kind of monthly TA.

I wonder if you are asking your question in the right place, or maybe if you might want to re-frame it somewhat?

aussie dollar trade… here’s my views… Hey Traders 'Happy New Year' OH BORIS! Yet Another Lockdown - YouTube

This was no good; ignore.