Where r the investors for real

BUY EUR / USD 1.0738 Mark this level
TARGET 1.2000
Stop 1.0000
2:1

More than a thousand pips

Everybody goes on and on about ‘European economy on the up’ but

there are three problems with that:

1. the lives of people (that is, Main Street not Wall Street) are not so rosy in many parts of Europe;

2. the concept of ‘Europe’ as a mono-economic engine is utopian and should not be used in such way;

3. investors’/speculators’ sentiment is a very specific concern that may or may not overlap with

economic policy for the citizens of each European Economic Area or Union nation-state.

Just saying :slight_smile:

The pair steps up more than 75 pips and now going to break the seal 1.0820

So? It’s been in a range, 1.05 - 1.15 for more than TWO YEARS.

True; true indeed … but that’s a range of [B]1,000 pips[/B]: there’s plenty of room within that for people to make their full-time livings trading the thing, [U]and some do[/U] (I don’t pretend to be one of them, admittedly … I’m “just saying”).

For myself, I would certainly [I]not[/I] want to be opening any long-term long positions on the Euro at the moment, nor do I think at all that 2017 will be a “good year” for it (though possibly for some Eurozone vintage wines - we’ll know in a few years, won’t we?) … but my own knowledge of “fundamentals” is close to non-existent, so I wouldn’t expect anyone to take the slightest notice of that (apart from the point about the wine, which is undeniable) … :8:

I agree… But it is a horrible chopping between those levels, not a clean range, and for some months it was less than 500 pips overall… What I mean is that with the classic “It’s going up” or “It’s going down” posts we see on BabyPips there is a newbie interpretation attached to them which translates as “uptrending” / “downtrending”. If you are in the majority of the newbie crowd , you will be trying to trade this pair intraday, trying to make money out of it, only to be chopped to death like an onion at a chef competition…

That is why I am so vocal against the main EurUsd thread on BP: prophets of false hope who delude people that they can day-trade EurUsd directionally.

Its not that they even say “its going up/down” so much as “today it went up/down” and “tomorrow it might go up, or it could go down, or else I think it could go sideways”

They must have a buttful of splinters from sitting on that fence

I agree with you unreservedly: that thread is frankly idiotic. :o

It says a lot that we all know which thread it is without even naming it :slight_smile:
I expect bob will join us soon

He heard you :slight_smile:

And the winner of the Babypips Quote of the Month is…

:slight_smile:

Now 1.1095 more than 350 pips up , till now