Article 50

Greetings.

Article 50 is finally here, set for March 29. What do you think will happen to the GBPUSD; my guess would be a that it is already priced in but there should be trend surfing opportunities on the lower time frames on the day.

Peterma has diacussed his bets on Gbp in this Bexit era…

I say that it is dangerous to make any bets on Gbp based on expert commentary (on tv, etc.) frequenrly getting predictions of this kind so wrong that it makes you wonder if you should just ignore it all.

Make your own analysisand trade with stops :slight_smile:

Hmmm… actually not ‘bets’, just a timing issue, currently buying GBP so have to wait for each time that I consider it a bargain - right now just waiting.

I will buy after the trigger only IF there is selling on Stg, any such move would be short term, almost like a knee jerk.

The bigger, more sustained moves will come as positions on the negotiations get leaked, good chance those leaks will produce much volatility, something short term traders enjoy.

Later, when the picture of the final outcome becomes clearer then a trend will emerge, but that is still some way off.

The play will be on EUR/GBP

Nice Southward trend there.

It is bearish, yes, but I admit I was expecting a bigger reaction once the news came out. This was a bit anti-climactic.

Don’t forget, however, that we are dealing with a monthly support level that we have been toying with since October of last year. Patience is key.

Very nice. Two Bearish Engulfing candles after two tests of a daily trend line, the MA crossed over, and down she went!

I expected as well a higher impact but overall the pair was ok. I agree with Peterma that the bigger move will definitely be once the decisions on the procedure are made and published. It will get interesting.

I agree too. The move to the downside yesterday didn’t last long, but once political decisions start coming out we should see much higher volatility.