Multipletime Frame strategy

Hello everyone,

First of all I want to introduce myself to you, I’m a newbie trader, been interested in Fx long time ago nearly 3 years but dedicated myself to learning in the past year and a half, I’ve learned it all here first then bought books, and read tons of topics and forums on the internet. I’ve been Playing on Demo accounts while learning and trying everything to determine market direction on all timeframes which of course isn’t correct 100% let’s say less than 50%, not to mention that I’ve tried all the indicators.

In short I want to discuss with you my trading strategy that I set amd backtested it at Random times Since 2003 till now, of course it’s not 100% accurate but I believe it’s the bedt that I’ve came up with.
I want to knoe your opinions in it and if anybody wants to add something to it I’ll be more than happy to hear it and try it.

First of all I’ll tell you my approach. We all say that we should always make a Simple strategy and follow the rules, Well I guess a simple strategy will give us a simple profits, while a complex one will give us decent profits.

So I came up with a 3 nearly 4 timeframes, I know it may sound crazy but the 4th time frame i never look at it, I just set a Keltner Band on that 1D timeframe and view it on the 1H timeframe, So my 3 main timeframes are HTF: 1H, TTF:15M, LTF:5M, with ratios 4:1 and 1:3

My Indicators:
-1D keltner Band viewed on 1H & COT report (Objective and
Subjective)
To show me overall market conditions and potential reversals whether they are a retracements between lower and middle bands or a total reversal to the other side of the band
-1H Guppy Indicator (Multiple EMAs) & MACD set(15,50,5)
the guppy measures a 1 H sentiment as it seems crazy but i want to indentify an agreement on both price and value by traders, Short time investors or both together, the MACD identify A longer time divergence which seems to work well when Both MACD line and signal line move above the 0 line
-15M got no Fancy indicators
A short term market structure Fib retracement and Potential Support resistance which are set on each setup that I’ll discuss later.

• 5M got a 10,20 EMAs for 5 mins and another 10,20 EMAs of the 15M but are viewed on the 5M only, also A stochastic and Heikin ashi smooth bars

Too much right? I’ll get to the point now.

My strategy is based on A Major signal from 1D, to 1H signal afterwards, 15M Setup, 5 M entry

When the price is near Keltner Bands Upper,middle or Lower, I look for agreement on price and value on the HTF of 1H, price should be ranging from here for a bit on TTF 15M so I identify the Potential S&R and look for Before the price ranging area.to confirm S or R.
From here the price should be Ranging for sometime before heading in either direc which we don’t know so we will trade both, how?

We Buy Support and Sell Resistance on the 5M timeframe but we won’t enter the trade unless the 15M EMAs slope upwards for long entries So the entry is tight here we set our SL below the recent swing low which must be below the support. And the entry should be below or near the support. For short we do the opposite, Stochastic should give us the primary signal of 5M reversal and Heikin ashi smooth give us the specific entry (tight Range).

When short price movement gets in the direction of our entry we set our SL above break-even say 1 or 2 pips but never close the positions
We should get 2 positions a long and a short. So the market will move in the Ranging area and one position is hedging the other’s profit.

Of course price will eventually break the range but we enter away from the breakout to avoid large volatile moves and being stopped out.

And if one position is close we shall enter at a more favourable price with same condit mentioned above.

So the idea here is to enter with a small pip risk Say 10 pips for EUR/USD and let our trade run for several days which maybe more than 100 pips range or more. We have a large position size 0.6% on 10 pips and high Risk:Reward ratio.

This strategy is only tradable when the Price is near the Band’s lines upper,middle or lower. The 1% risk is divided on both positions then we scale in after the breakout. And the Profit we made in the range can be used in the scaled in position after we move our SL to lock in profit to avoid being exposured to more risk.

I backtested this strategy on random periods and trending pairs and I’m willing to backtest it on longer periods to identify it’s full accuracy and risk: reward ratios

Also I’m working on my exit strategy, i don’t know yet if It’ll be the next opposite band line or when the price ranges near the band or just when price reverse direction with next opposite trade.

I’ll be more than happy to know your opinions :blush:

Thanks for your time